2009 fz6

linky0283

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,
I just picked up my new 09 fz6 today. This bike is amazing. I upgraded from a ninja 250. What a difference! I have just one question. I thought the new 09's in the US came standard with the comfort seat. Mine has the same one as the older one. I asked the dealer and they had no idea. Anyone with a new 09, did yours come with the comfort seat?

NakedJ

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sorry can't help you with the comfort seat but could not help but say "wow, bet you're really pleased with the upgrade!"

After you've run it in enjoy with the rest of us the front wheel lifting on its own as you accelerate hard and it hits 10k, pure pleasure

have fun and stay safe

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
sorry can't help you with the comfort seat but could not help but say "wow, bet you're really pleased with the upgrade!"

After you've run it in enjoy with the rest of us the front wheel lifting on its own as you accelerate hard and it hits 10k, pure pleasure

have fun and stay safe

+1. Got the front wheel up about a foot today shifting into 2nd.
In front of a bunch of harley riders too!

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
I added the comfort seat to my '08 and by looking at the picture of the 09, it's not comfort seat. It's only marginally better than stock for the rider. The biggest difference is the passenger section. Thicker and more comfortable for 2nd rider.

09MS_FZ6_blu_S2_d58dbc3f.jpg

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
The 09 FZ6 does NOT come standard with the Comfort Seat. That "rumour" was started by one bike mag tester who got an 09 from Yamaha with the accessory Comfort Seat installed on the bike.
It's still an accessory for all FZ6's, including the 09, and is listed in the 09 Accessory catalogue as such.
I was a bit PO'd because I was looking forward to sitting on an 09 with the comfort seat, to see how much difference there was with seat height & width before ordering a Comfort Seat for my 06.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I added the comfort seat to my '08 and by looking at the picture of the 09, it's not comfort seat. It's only marginally better than stock for the rider. The biggest difference is the passenger section. Thicker and more comfortable for 2nd rider.

09MS_FZ6_blu_S2_d58dbc3f.jpg

Do you notice any appreciable difference in rider seat height and side width?
IOW, would it benefit a person with shorter legs over the standard seat? :)
I'm loath to spend $300 on a Comfort Seat just to find it's basically the same seat as the standard one.

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,
I just picked up my new 09 fz6 today. This bike is amazing. I upgraded from a ninja 250. What a difference! I have just one question. I thought the new 09's in the US came standard with the comfort seat. Mine has the same one as the older one. I asked the dealer and they had no idea. Anyone with a new 09, did yours come with the comfort seat?

Man I cant imagine how excited you must be with the upgrade..huge difference isnt it? this monster will keep u happy for many years to come..ride safe buddy!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
congrats on the upgrade, you will not be disappointed...

As for the comfort seat... $300 for the Yamaha one of slightly more for a corbin... Save for the corbin

linky0283

Reaction score
Visit site
Could someone with an 09 post a picture of their seat? Mine doesn't look like the one in the picture on yamahas website. It looks like the ones on the 08 and older.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i would go back to the dealer, picture in hand and say, look, this is what an 09 is suppose to look like... thats not the same seat... the website doesnt say its "optional equipment" it just shows the pic as priced. Who knows, maybe if you make a big enough stink they will throw one in.... i doubt it... but for a $300 seat you better believe i would make a big stink... (when there are alot of customers around!)

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you notice any appreciable difference in rider seat height and side width?
IOW, would it benefit a person with shorter legs over the standard seat? :)
I'm loath to spend $300 on a Comfort Seat just to find it's basically the same seat as the standard one.

Spend a little extra and get the shorter seat from Germany. It seems very comfortable for me. I assume they use some gel insert to compensate for the lack of foam. It definitely is shorter (supposed to be by 3cm).

Less

Reaction score
Visit site
I just sold my cruiser and want to get into a bike like the FZ6. I sat on an 09 yesterday and found it real comfortable. One dealer tells me there are no major changes from the 08 and wants to sell me an 08 with 800mi on it very cheap ( $5795) the other dealer tells me there are significant changes in the two models but wasn't sure what they were and we couldn't find anything on the Yamaha website, he's pushing his 09 for about $6700 OTD.

Are there any major differences?

Also, I was looking at adding the Cortech soft saddlebags but couldn't figure out how to attach the bottoms of the bag to something so they don't fly around. Does anyone use these?

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think there are any changes. Squeeze the dealer down to 5500 and throw in a new helmet or other gear would be a smokin' deal.