2009 FZ6RC Dragons Tail Meet

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
Here is a nice all day route with stops to eat, and photo ops built in.

Zoom down and check the twisties.

Hopefully it will come up.

It heads to a gas station first thing within 6 miles of start. Refuel in Tellico plains before the skyway ride home so all bikes are full of fuel -50 miles on return to the house for dinner. Lunch at the dragons tail on 129 after riding the hell bender in. A cut off and return home or stay on the dragon split point is there as well.

from:Luciannda' Dee Dr to:NC-143/Sweetwater Rd to:Fontana Rd/NC-28 to:US-129 to:TN-115/US-129 to:TN-72 to:Bakers Creek Rd/TN-72 to:TN-33/TN-411 to:TN-68 to:35.318487,-83.984127 to:NC-1127/NC-143/Santeetlah Rd - Google Maps

You can make this loop even more interesting by using route 360 as a cutoff for the US411 freeway. See http://www.tailofthedragon.com/maps/dragonloop.gif. You can also count me in, although I'll be staying at Fontana again for my wife's benefit.

W

wrightme43

You can make this loop even more interesting by using route 360 as a cutoff for the US411 freeway. See http://www.tailofthedragon.com/maps/dragonloop.gif. You can also count me in, although I'll be staying at Fontana again for my wife's benefit.

from:Luciannda' Dee Dr to:NC-143/Sweetwater Rd to:Fontana Rd/NC-28 to:US-129 to:TN-115/US-129 to:TN-72 to:Bakers Creek Rd/TN-72 to:TN-360 to:TN-360 to:35.363156,-84.289255 to:Cherohala Skyway/NC-143 to:NC-1127/NC-143/Santeetlah Rd - Google Maps

Like that? LOL

I told them I would need those days off today and they said no problem. Hopefully I can get thursday or monday off as well. I will just have to see. Look forward to seeing you again Jim.

W

wrightme43

I will be there! I would like to show up on Thursday, so that's one more person for the extra day. I can paypal ant_mb a hundred today, just let me know when and how much more you need. :D

This was such a a great trip last year, I am already looking forward to going again!

Jay your in charge of lighters. LOL
Looking forward to hanging out with you around the fire and bullshiating in the garage. I had a blast last year. :rockon:

W

wrightme43

Any one else from Florida going, i missed last years, but i will be there this one coming up.

Mikebike will be coming up from Florida but he will probley have to stop and see some friends on the way.

Hopefully we will get a even bigger meet this year. I think I will beg/borrow a radar/laser detector somehow this year. Tickets suck.

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
Once I figure out PayPal this evening my deposit will be in, Bit of hike from North Texas but will be worth it I'm sure!!

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Desi puts us at $500 guys.

That meand 5 beds are full, and 2 to go. We then get into cots, couches and recliners.

Last edited:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot to mention that I'm in for Thursday and Monday as well. I don't really want to ride back on Sunday. hopefully we can get enough interest and maybe get it for the whole week.

W

wrightme43

Rock on!!! Thats 7.

Anthony you wanna call Ron or email him or do you want me to do it?

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]TREETOPS VACATION RENTAL
EMail: [email protected]

Ron & Nancy Johnson
3094 Santeetlah Road
Robbinsville, NC 28771-9712
Toll Free: 800-768-7129
Phone: 828-479-8400
Fax: 828-479-1456
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Office hours from November 28 thru December 14 will be from 6pm to 8pm daily.[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][/FONT]
[/FONT]We are not always available so call back
8am -6pm

They are both super cool to talk to. It looks like we wont have any problem filling the Ridge and may need the Point if we can find some couples that want to share a house it would be cheaper for them. Maybe Jim and his wife and Tourguide and Aleshia would like to go in on the Ridge. Its up to them though. Even renting both full size beds in a room would be cheaper than a hotel.

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
I might try to be in the area during this time. It all depends on my job situation. I can't wait to take the Fizz to the Smokies.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Ron and we're all set up. He put us down for the Thursday, I'll just have to let him know if we can't make it on Thursday.

Last edited:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
That would be me, [email protected] is my Paypal address. We have 7 who are paid up, and the reservations are made.

To let everyone know all 7 beds have been paid for, but as Steve said there are multiple places to sleep. 3 recliners(one of which I slept in last year for a night), a couch, a couple futons in the garage and cots that can be brought up by Ron. Last year was a blast, and I can't wait for next years trip.