2009 Yamaha FZ6R: Versatility Meets Performance

Nooj

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think they've got it quite right, there doesn't seem to be enough differences between the bikes. With the original XJ600 Diversion and the FZS600 Fazer there was a big difference in bike's build, power and handling. Performence wise there doesn't seem to be much in it with the new two. I haven't seen it in real life or ridden one, so I may be mistaken, only time will tell.

However if I was doing the '09 line up, I'd have the FZ6R Fazer and the naked version of it as the FZ6 (do away with the Diversion tag altogether over here). Then I'd use the R7 750cc motor to create an FZ7 and FZ7S Fazer, the same shape as the Fazers we have now, to sit between the FZ6 and FZ1 bikes. These bikes would give kawasaki a run for there money with the Z750 and also the new Aprilia Shiver.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think they've got it quite right, there doesn't seem to be enough differences between the bikes. With the original XJ600 Diversion and the FZS600 Fazer there was a big difference in bike's build, power and handling. Performence wise there doesn't seem to be much in it with the new two. I haven't seen it in real life or ridden one, so I may be mistaken, only time will tell.

Maybe the 2010 FZ6 is going to distance itself with a bit more oomph and better suspension.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah the bike looks pretty different but like many i'm kinda unsure about it. I wouldnt go trade in my FZ6 for a FZ6R in a hurry. I'm curious to see what the engine has thats different from the FZ6, performance wise i wonder if there's a big difference?