2010 fz6 not so hot?

Tapped Out

Reaction score
Visit site
I heard a report from a friend that the 2010 Model has taken a turn for the worse. Has anyone else heard this, or can confirm / deny or elaborate on pros and cons?

i would certainls say so.... they stopped making the FZ6. the 2009 was the last year.

they might be thinking of the FZ6R, which is a completely different bike. But from 07-09, the FZ6 was exactly the same other than colors.

The 2010 FZ6R is NOT the same bike.

For starters, they have done away with the sand-cast aluminum cradle frame, in favor of a welded steel tube frame. Cheaper to produce, but adds about 25lbs to the bike. The engine has been severely de-tuned (HP is down to 63 or so, 48 or 50 ft/lbs torque, I can't recall correctly). The engine red-line has also been reduced to 12,000rpm. The saddle has been split (it is now a 2 piece) and is very flat (and uncomfortable). The exhaust was redesigned and now exits the bike just ahead of the swing arm and the center stand has been eliminated.

Even though it is now fully fared, the additional Tupperware does not offset the lack-luster performance of the new bike. The FZ6R is a pale imitation of the FZ6.

The 2010 FZ6R is NOT the same bike.

For starters, they have done away with the sand-cast aluminum cradle frame, in favor of a welded steel tube frame. Cheaper to produce, but adds about 25lbs to the bike. The engine has been severely de-tuned (HP is down to 63 or so, 48 or 50 ft/lbs torque, I can't recall correctly). The engine red-line has also been reduced to 12,000rpm. The saddle has been split (it is now a 2 piece) and is very flat (and uncomfortable). The exhaust was redesigned and now exits the bike just ahead of the swing arm and the center stand has been eliminated.

Even though it is now fully fared, the additional Tupperware does not offset the lack-luster performance of the new bike. The FZ6R is a pale imitation of the FZ6.

Hmmm Why do they call it fz6"R" I thought that may of meant racing, but obviously its bullspit. It is a stylus looking bike but ill take my street fighter any day over an fz6r

The FZ6R is a pale imitation of the FZ6.

It is not an imitation of the FZ6, it is a completely new bike that Yamaha made, it shares nothing with the FZ6 other than 75% of its name. But that is all. in 2009 they were both active models. The FZ6 has been discontinued and will be replaced by the FZ8. The FZ8 is already out in european markets, but not in the US yet.

In the UK, it's not even called the FZ6R, its called the XJ6, or XJ6 Diversion for the half-fairing model - the successor to the XJ600 Diversion (which is what I had before the FZ6 Fazer). The Divvy was always a class below the Fazer, and still is. Can't understand why they call it the FZ6R in America, and the XJ6 over here. Calling it the XJ6 makes it clear that it's not competing with the FZ6.

In the UK, it's not even called the FZ6R, its called the XJ6, or XJ6 Diversion for the half-fairing model - the successor to the XJ600 Diversion (which is what I had before the FZ6 Fazer). The Divvy was always a class below the Fazer, and still is. Can't understand why they call it the FZ6R in America, and the XJ6 over here. Calling it the XJ6 makes it clear that it's not competing with the FZ6.
The FZ6R is in Australia -but it is really a faired version of the XJ6 - it's NOT an FZ6 over here.

Why do they have to keep renaming models - just confuses everyone :spank:

The FZ6R is in Australia -but it is really a faired version of the XJ6 - it's NOT an FZ6 over here.

Why do they have to keep renaming models - just confuses everyone :spank:

Wild guess, it may have been some stupid thing to do with LAMS we have here.

Pretty sure a few months ago I read an article that the state govt's were introducing a law (as ****ing ususal, guessing the law may now be in place) that prohibited manufacturers having a LAMS bike and an 'open bike' with the same model name/variant.

WA is different to you guys though - with LAMS.

We have to learn on a 250 for RE class, then upgrade to 250cc + when we get R class - full licence.

It's frustrating to see Eastern States bike mags advertising 600s as learner bikes :(

Back