2013 Stanley Cup playoff thread

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
Bylsma's coaching has been, let's say frustrating, throughout these playoffs. I'm a huge Pens fan, but why the hell is he putting Iggy on the left side, where he made his fame at the right? Putting Malkin and Letang out for the last thirty seconds of a 1-0 game was a mistake too, and they paid for it with a loss. Stupid. Should have had the PK line out.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody else shocked that media still tries to get interviews with Tortarella? I almost feel bad for NY, gotta be embarrassing everytime they see Pierre down about to ask torts a question lol...

KnuckleBallz

Reaction score
Visit site
As a Bruins fan I love it. Cannot believe the way he throws his own players under the bus for the terrible PP.

I didn't watch much Rangers hockey this year, but I really thought they were a better team.

Oh well- Bring on the Penguins, I guess.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm cautiously optimistic. I saw how the rangers turned it around on the caps at MSG and they looked like a different team than the last 2 vs the Bs. I don't know if that's because we actually have a defense unlike the caps or if the rangers are just in a funk. We'll see. Game 3 at MSG eta 20 minutes

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
LIVID about how the BOS Vs NYR was called even though we won. How do you miss all those high sticking calls?

Torey Krug continues to impress, I hope we bring him up full time next year, he's exciting to watch and really playing clutch considering he was playing for the P-Bruins all year

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody else watch the Pens just light up the Senators?

Would have loved a OTT Vs BOS in the ECF but looking like that might not happen

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I always thought he just has a badass name. I mean come on, that's a hockey name if I've ever heard one!

He does have one helluva name. Doc Emerick loves to say it while doing play by play, even when he's not near the puck.
Seriously, this dude is a player. Scored the winning goal in the 2007 Frozen Four with 18 seconds left to give Michigan St. the title, won a USHL championship with the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders in '05, played two games with the Wings in '08 and got to skate the Cup around the ice for it... Living a charmed life. Oh, and the kid has mad skills too.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Tuukka might have just let in the weakest goal in playoff history... He's responsible for this game going to overtime with an assist going to Chara with his behind the net turnover

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Rask looked like this was his first time playing goalie ever... Who falls over before the puck is even set up for a shot?

Unbelievable

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Pens move on!
Hopefully we see a BOS vs PITT in the ECF but the Bruins have a bad habit of not closing series out (see Toronto, or worse a few years back Vs Flyers)

Lets go spokes!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Bruins move on to face the Pens in the ECF.

Krug is a beast!

Detroit got completely dominated tonight by Chicago, I don't know whether they just took their foot of that gas or if the Hawks fed off the home crowd and found a rhythm.. Game 6 should be interesting

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
2 five game series in the east and 2 game 7's in the west...

Pens v Bruins in the ECF.

Det or Chicago Vs. SJ or the kings

Think no matter what combo you put together, the finals should be good! Looking forward to the ECF Bruins Defense Vs Crosby and Co.