Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to go. Get a camel back Randy. See ya at 8:00 AM. Route will work. Too much slab coming back though as we could stay on 47 and slide the back way by my place. We will have to play it by ear depending on the heat, thunder storms and our bodys. Should be fun. :thumbup:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to go. Get a camel back Randy. See ya at 8:00 AM. Route will work. Too much slab coming back though as we could stay on 47 and slide the back way by my place. We will have to play it by ear depending on the heat, thunder storms and our bodys. Should be fun. :thumbup:

I'm open. Less slab time is better! Typically more shady too! WA side looked to be lots slab after 409 kinda out in the open but IDK?

Wildcat_drvr

Great-Grandpaw!
Reaction score
Visit site
I am so envious of you guys!
Maps for northern Indiana look like
the mesh used in concrete.
I think there's about
106 curves in the northern third
of the state of Insanity..
:rof: < (that how I feel at times.)
Just kiddin.
It's Waay more than 106!
Sort of like the Tail,,
But,,
"Yup, there's 319 curves,,
That's one more than the Tail!
Ya just gotta ride the hole state ta find 'em.
:rof::rof::rof::rof:
Enjoy yourselves,
Be as Safe as ya can,,,
:cool:
Rich

PS: hole state was intentional.
Sorry to say,,

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
^^ ya its a pretty great place with ocean, mountains, and desert depending on which direction you set the compass! I'm pretty sure I'd stick to the dirt if was ah "curveless" like some places. Although I'm sure there are better places to wear the sides off the tires... but this will do! :thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I took the scenic route from Idaho to Portland yesterday cutting through the middle of the state rather than slabbing it down the interstate. Glad I did, discovered amazing roads that I had no idea that existed. Here is a picture of me in front of the many scenic backgrounds of the John Day Fossil National Monument
Kind of like the mini version of the Badlands in South Dakota

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
[MENTION=3969]mxgolf[/MENTION] [MENTION=83]VEGASRIDER[/MENTION]

If this link works, return route from Astoria to PDX could go something like this;
N on 101 to 401 in WA
N on 401 to Hwy 4
E on 4 to 409, cross the River into OR to 30 E
E on 30 to to 47
47 to 26
26 to PDX

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...A;FcpgtgIdhKSu-A&t=h&mra=mi&mrsp=7&sz=12&z=11

Link was made in google maps

They are doing construction on the Astoria Bridge at the top of the highest point. Just warning you, they are doing traffic control. I got stopped at the half way point up the incline. Be careful.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In addition to the challenge above, we will be testing several brands of deodorant. I hope mine works! Blah

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In addition to the challenge above, we will be testing several brands of deodorant. I hope mine works! Blah

Coldest July ride ever!

Weather was a serious FAIL! After we parted i got dumped on and hailed upon.... So much for 95°f return ride in the blazing SUN! <<NOT

A good ride nonetheless and we found some new roads! Nice to meet you Kenny!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Weather was a serious FAIL! After we parted i got dumped on and hailed upon.... So much for 95°f return ride in the blazing SUN! <<NOT

A good ride nonetheless and we found some new roads! Nice to meet you Kenny!

We need picture!!!!! :spank::D

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
They are doing construction on the Astoria Bridge at the top of the highest point. Just warning you, they are doing traffic control. I got stopped at the half way point up the incline. Be careful.

Haha - i found Kenny's weakness.... It might involve heights... Care to share that comment [MENTION=83]VEGASRIDER[/MENTION] ??

Pictures - i took none. Mark an Kenny, post up!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha - i found Kenny's weakness.... It might involve heights... Care to share that comment [MENTION=83]VEGASRIDER[/MENTION] ??

Pictures - i took none. Mark an Kenny, post up!

Haha, we got real lucky on the bridge as we were only momentarily stopped, the one way traffic began going in our direction as we came to a stop. Too bad, it would have provided a phenomenal picture being up so high on that bridge overlooking the gigantic mouth of the Columbia River and Pacific Ocean. Yeah at that height it was giving me the feeling of a bunch of needless going through my body.

I will post up picks of what little I have as soon as I get some WiFi.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
OK - Should anyone wish to do this little run here's a map and a route....
Maps is from maps.google.com

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...;FTkRvQIddbSo-A&mra=mi&mrsp=14&sz=15&t=m&z=10

From "O" at 47, we returned on 47S, to 26...
attachment.php

attachment.php

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, we got real lucky on the bridge as we were only momentarily stopped, the one way traffic began going in our direction as we came to a stop. Too bad, it would have provided a phenomenal picture being up so high on that bridge overlooking the gigantic mouth of the Columbia River and Pacific Ocean. Yeah at that height it was giving me the feeling of a bunch of needless going through my body.

I will post up picks of what little I have as soon as I get some WiFi.

How about from under the bridge (from another time), but that is the location of this topic!
IMG_20131026_135544_690_zps9361d7d3.jpg

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just the four of us, three FZ's and one Triumph Cruiser. Parked at downtown Astoria Oregon.

20140713_115510_zpskgr6gm4b.jpg

We all had fish n chips. Great view out of the restaurant with the big shipping vessels going by, or anchored.

2014-07-13%2016.38.53_zpsjqly0z6x.jpg

Last edited:

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Just the four of us, three FZ's and one Triumph Cruiser. Parked at downtown Astoria Oregon.

20140713_115510_zpskgr6gm4b.jpg

We all had fish n chips. Great view out of the restaurant with the big shipping vessels going by, or anchored.

2014-07-13%2016.38.53_zpsjqly0z6x.jpg

Cool looking windshield on the black FZ (sorry can't see the one on the blue FZ) What brand is it? I had a Puig on my FZ6. It was OK but not totally sold on it.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool looking windshield on the black FZ (sorry can't see the one on the blue FZ) What brand is it? I had a Puig on my FZ6. It was OK but not totally sold on it.

^^ Crisis is sporting a Puig! Its good to about 75mph. Even above that it gets the air over my head.

Kenny I thought you took a bunch of pictures? What happened? Perhaps at the retired weigh station?
Also we need to have a balance contest and see who can cruise the slowest w/out putting a foot down. We both seem to do that at the lights! lol

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
^^ Crisis is sporting a Puig! Its good to about 75mph. Even above that it gets the air over my head.

Kenny I thought you took a bunch of pictures? What happened? Perhaps at the retired weigh station?
Also we need to have a balance contest and see who can cruise the slowest w/out putting a foot down. We both seem to do that at the lights! lol

That was Mark taking the pictures at the weigh station. I'll be here until Sunday as far as you wanting to go up against me on the slow ride competition. Any open parking lot will do.

p714114199-4_zps51bd5599.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That was Mark taking the pictures at the weigh station. I'll be here until Sunday as far as you wanting to go up against me on the slow ride competition. Any open parking lot will do.

p714114199-4_zps51bd5599.jpg

I know 6006 lost that round! Lol! :)