55Watt HID Projector Lights With Hi/Lo

greymustang

Reaction score
Visit site
First I tried a set of street glow high watt bulbs but didn’t care for the effect of them. So then I thought to just go the full projector route and this is what I came up with.

I never could see very good before with the stock lights even with the high beams on it still wasn’t very good.

These work great a little cutting was involved but well worth the effort, I can see better with these then I can in my car.

These both have High and low beam’s and are still fully adjustable.

I’m thinking about putting in some LED’s but don’t know yet.

ctbandit

Fazer, don't even know er
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great! A friend of mine recently did this to his zx6r and the light is amazing. Any links to where you sources the parts?

As far as wiring goes I'm assuming you put in some relays and tapped into the stock switch wiring?

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

That's the kit I used. You need the H4 adaptor plate and the H4/9003 relay. You only have to cut the shroud if you want to put that in there. Other than that, it fits right in.

EDIT:
Stickied in the Mods section: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/14963-bi-xenon-projector-angel-eye-installed.html

And my write up for the ones I used: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/37638-bi-xenon-projector-morimoto-mini-stage-iii-kit-install-my-new-mirrors.html

Last edited:

ctbandit

Reaction score
Visit site

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
$275, that's a commitment lol. Thanks for the link. This may be a down the road mod for me.

Yep but i'm keeping this bike for awhile. And when I do get another bike, the wife is probably getting this one, so it's going to be around until the wheels fall off probably. That and I commute at 5AM every morning, so it's still dark out.

And it's a lot less than an exhaust. :eek:

ctbandit

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep but i'm keeping this bike for awhile. And when I do get another bike, the wife is probably getting this one, so it's going to be around until the wheels fall off probably. That and I commute at 5AM every morning, so it's still dark out.

And it's a lot less than an exhaust. :eek:

Yea, def a worthwhile mod. :thumbup:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I did a full custom projector retrofit on my FZ and it was by FAR the best and most useful mod I did on that bike. I only wish these kits were around when I did mine... would have saved a lot of time, effort, and money.:spank:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
$275 for the best mod you can do on your bike if you ride at night.

This is the most worthwhile mod you can do on this bike for under $1,000 and it's $275 for everything you need! :thumbup:

I could never go back to the worthless factory lights.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
$275 for the best mod you can do on your bike if you ride at night.

This is the most worthwhile mod you can do on this bike for under $1,000 and it's $275 for everything you need! :thumbup:

I could never go back to the worthless factory lights.

I know, I was kinda sad when I saw the awesomness of the projectors. I don't think I can run factory lights in any vehicle I own ever again.

greymustang

Reaction score
Visit site
Later in the week I'll write a review on how I put everything in. Cost was about $150.00 was almost a plug and play kit.