8000K Hid Kit

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

Did anyone install 8000K Hid Kit on their FZ6? Is it to much blue or it has a light blue? Any feedback about the kit would be appreciated.

Thank you

The main problem is putting an HID bulb in a housing not designed for it. Heat may or may not be an issue, but light pattern will. You will more than likely end up blinding oncoming traffic and could possibly get a ticket/fine/warning. But if you are stuck on getting HID's, I'd reccomend something around 4000k. When I had my RX8 I had stock, 12000K, and then 4500K...4500K providing the most "useful" light, 12000k was pretty much worthless on dark roads. At about 4-5000k you get a good mix of color and light.

oh and I suck at english.

8000k will be mostly blue with some white. 6000k will be white with some blue. To answer your question, i do not have them installed, but have seen everything from 12000k - 3000k, and it seems the one you are looking for would be the 6000k, because it will provide the best visibility out of those 2 and also have a hint of blue. The 8000k will be noticeably blue, but still have a bit of white.

the 8000k kit is the one in my avatar installed next to the stock high beam.

There is no issues with the housing as far as heat or light pattern, i am not sure what qualifications or what real knowledge phxtravis has, but since i have the kit in question i know how it is in my bike which is a very nice, contained and shaped light pattern, and i love it and have not had any complaints or flashing highs from oncoming traffic.

Last edited:
Low beam to show light pattern:

P4110010.jpg

Low beam on with stock high beam:

P4110011.jpg

I got 2 HID installed, both are 6000K, best whitest light without seeming Blue. I recommend getting something with a shield in front of the bulb let me see if I can find a pic... Here I got one like this installed on my low beam in my bike
3d1b_1.JPG
this prevents the refraction from getting screwed up. Mine even shifts back and forth to change from hi to low beam.

I am very familiar with HID kits on this bike and also had put together a group buy on the other FZ6 forum for anyone who is interested. PM me for details.

I also had the HID in my reflective housings and ended up doing the R6 projectors on my bike. I'll tell you why.

For the low beam only (H7), these things were fantastic. The dual filament (H4) however was not wonderful. The problem is that our headlights have the bulb located at a focal point proper for high beams, not the low beams on the right headlight. This is why people who have done the dual headlight mod will notice that one side appears brighter than the other while on low beams only. With HID's, this just creates a scattering effect on that side with really very little usable light. This is not the case however if you only do the H7 headlight conversion.

In summary, my recommendation is to only do the H7 conversion and not the H4. Unless of course you do the projector mod, which I would suggest doing HID's on both sides.

As for bulb temperatures: I went with 4300k which has the most usable light. It is mostly white with a slightly blue hue (80/20) to it. The 6000-6500k bulbs are definitely blue-white (50/50), have decent light output, but not as much as the 4300k. 8000k shows up more purple-blue and really isn't that bright, but just has a nice color to it. If you do any dark road riding, I do not suggest the 8000k or higher.

As I said, if anyone is interested in the group buy I put together, it is definitely still running. It was through XenonDepot.com, which uses Phillips products (some of the highest quality in the market).

I went with 4300k which has the most usable light. It is mostly white with a slightly blue hue (80/20) to it. The 6000-6500k bulbs are definitely blue-white (50/50), have decent light output, but not as much as the 4300k.

+1^ I would have suggested the 4300k as well because this is what i prefer, i only recommended the 6000k because i thought the op was going for the more blue look, but as far as usable light goes you are absolutely right. I also think it has the best look to it imo.

+1^ I would have suggested the 4300k as well because this is what i prefer, i only recommended the 6000k because i thought the op was going for the more blue look, but as far as usable light goes you are absolutely right. I also think it has the best look to it imo.

Yeah, you are right. If he's asking about 8000k, he probably isn't too concerned about light output which is actually why I posted what I did. Sometimes a little education about actually usefulness of the product needs to be pointed out by someone who has been there before. I did 6500k in my car and really like it, but my car still has standard halogen highbeams that I can use whenever I need to see more of the road. 6500k is still definitely brighter than the original halogen low beams, but due to reflective housings, the overall light scatter makes it not much more useful. Frankly, it's more of a style thing in the car than practical.

Yeah def.^ I know in cars (for example, mine) that you can swap the projector to something much better like an s2000 or tsx projector, this will greatly improve the visibility and sharpness as well as have a nice clean cutoff line that extends much farther than without (straight ahead). I can provide a link to a company called lightwerkz that does awesome work with retrofits and he has a great exaplme of what i am talking about. I haven't researched it enough to know if this is beneficial to bikes or not, but i couldn't see how it would not be. I just do not know what kind of retrofits the fz6 community goes with...

Yeah def.^ I know in cars (for example, mine) that you can swap the projector to something much better like an s2000 or tsx projector, this will greatly improve the visibility and sharpness as well as have a nice clean cutoff line that extends much farther than without (straight ahead). I can provide a link to a company called lightwerkz that does awesome work with retrofits and he has a great exaplme of what i am talking about. I haven't researched it enough to know if this is beneficial to bikes or not, but i couldn't see how it would not be. I just do not know what kind of retrofits the fz6 community goes with...

The FZ6 fits R6 projectors from the '03-'05 R6 or '06+ R6S headlight. I did the retrofit myself on my bike. Check 'em out.

Edit: The light output pick is with only the low beam (left) headlight on. With highbeams on, it is twice as bright, but lacks the crisp cutoff.

Last edited:
Very clean. I like that a lot, nice job.

Thanks bro. Fabricating the brackets to make this work was a bit of a chore, but well worth it in my opinion. These pictures don't even do it justice, they look even hotter in person.:D

i installed a 6k HID kit. its the most u can have legally. wouldnt recommend getting any higher because it may be bluer and look nice but if u get caught in the rain youre gonna be blind, or even worse for fog!!

dont recommend going over 6k

6k is still fairly bluish. its not perfect white and its not perfect blue, but it looks very classy with a tinge of blue. bike looks great with highbeams on now.

Here is a website that I have had great success with. I have put two kits in my 2007 Tundra, headlights (6000k) and fog lights (10000k) and have had no problems with them. Direct plug and play wire harness no cutting or splicing. I will soon order a set for the bike.:thumbup:

XenonLink.com HID Conversion Kit.

Here is a website that I have had great success with. I have put two kits in my 2007 Tundra, headlights (6000k) and fog lights (10000k) and have had no problems with them. Direct plug and play wire harness no cutting or splicing. I will soon order a set for the bike.:thumbup:

XenonLink.com HID Conversion Kit.

These appear very similar to the xenondepot kits that I work with in that they are plug and play. I don't know who xenonlink uses for their parts, but as I stated before xenondepot uses Phillips ballasts and bulbs in their kits. While the initial performance may not be different, the Phillips products will last quite a bit longer.

i installed a 6k HID kit. its the most u can have legally. wouldnt recommend getting any higher because it may be bluer and look nice but if u get caught in the rain youre gonna be blind, or even worse for fog!!

dont recommend going over 6k

6k is still fairly bluish. its not perfect white and its not perfect blue, but it looks very classy with a tinge of blue. bike looks great with highbeams on now.

Did you do the HID's on your bike as well or just the truck? As I stated before, there is a little issue with using the HIDs in the highbeam reflector.

what truck i dont have a truck

the HIDs are my low beam and highbeam on the FZ6, there was a problem with the HID bulb for the highbeam but theyre swapping it 2morrow for one that works. i didnt retrofit anything just popped in HidsH4 and H7 for the FZ6 stock assembly

Back