86 FZ600 Wont crank over.

micahbennett

Reaction score
Visit site
So I got the bike back.
Put the new gas cap on(the one before was falling apart)
Tried started , and no work.
But I bump started it in first gear, started up great - and now normal start works.
And since I've had it , it killed itself after a long ride when I was coming to a stop.

any ideas?
I'm thinking it was just battery.

The way the guy before me has this riged is that one of the fuel lines is blocked off from the pet****.

Also how often should I do oil changes on this bike? What type of oil should I use?

first off your yamaha has a charging generator that could have went bad or your alternater went bad and yes it has both because i have a repair manual for that exact model because i have a yamaha fz600 that i cant get started anyway you should not keep push starting it it will mess you clutch up heck that might be part of you problem what i mean is when you pop the clutch on that specific model the clutch can get stuck it can appear to kick back in but it is actually still engaged the way to tell is one of two ways is to track clutch cable all the way down to the engine and get real close to the engine and grab where the cable is connected to the engine it there is alot of play in the clutch arm then the clutch is still engaged it should feel a little tight if it isn't make sure you dont grab cable grab the little arm. if it seems to have play in the arm then take a hammer or a screwdriver a give it a light tap. you could also have in the starter.