89 fzr600

1897enygma9518

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright upon getting this bike i didn’t have a key so I hot wired it there were three wires red blue and brown connecting the red and blue wires together everything came to life tach was on headlights were on taillights were on until the brown wire touched the other two wires and tach died headlights died and no starter button , I’ve checked the fuses none are blown main fuse and accessory fuses are good , bikes in neutral and clutch is pulled in and kickstand is down no power going to starter or headlights my turn signals and tail light turn on though and stay on on both sides no controls going to turn switch . I crossed a piece of metal onto starter solenoid and the starter turns no problem also getting no power to fuel pump . Im out of ideas I checked the wiring for burn marks none , made sure my grounds were good on the back of the frame and bottom of engine . Made sure my connections were tight on battery and even unplugged everything and plugged everything back in on the bike . I even pulled a wiring diagram and checked for continuity to make sure my red wires all around were sending power throughout the harness.
The only thing left would be the igniter or the voltage regulator, but the igniter as much as I know from working on bikes is that all the igniter does is send spark to plugs on the head . And the voltage regulator just helps charge the battery . Any suggestions would be really helpful

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!
If you have a color schematic life would be easier. Starter circuit is generally a separate circuit from the ignition switch. The FZ6 has a circuit board that inhibits starter and also kills the fuel/fuel injection. It has logic diodes and generally the diodes become damaged when the bike is hot wired improperly. Just takes a micro second at the wrong polarity.
Other than that make sure your kill switch is not open.