90 Degree Valve Stems

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is barely worth calling a mod, but I've really enjoyed having these things so far. They are valve stems that stick out sideways so you don't have to deal with brake rotors, their dust or their heat to check tire pressure. The stock '06 rims didn't have enough clearance for a socket to tighten the nuts on them so pliers were needed, which was a little less than ideal, but they've been holding air for about a month now and my hide is still intact.

I got these off EvilBay (Bridgeport / Ariete Angled Valve Stems) for $22 shipped, but I've seen them a few places for about the same price. I didn't know they existed until I saw somebody selling a bike with them listed as a mod. Checking tire pressure without is a pain in comparison.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I put then on and I swear my tire pressure stays good for a long time as well as the benefit of being able to get to them easier and in more locations than the straight ones. Worth every penny! :rockon:

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome!! Those are so going in hubby's Christmas stocking this year!!

Bear in mind they have to go on with the tire off, or at least the bead broken on one side. It's easier to apply when changing tires, so it may make sense to time the gift near tire-changing time if that's happening closer to (but not before) another hitting occasion. I'm sure it would be appreciated anytime, though. :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bear in mind they have to go on with the tire off, or at least the bead broken on one side. It's easier to apply when changing tires, so it may make sense to time the gift near tire-changing time if that's happening closer to (but not before) another hitting occasion. I'm sure it would be appreciated anytime, though. :)

I bought mine a month ahead of time while I knew I could get the ones I wanted...

Also when I put them in during my tire change I had them mounted at a 45 degree angle instead of dead straight 90 degrees and they seam more accessible at most wheel positions. :D

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought mine a month ahead of time while I knew I could get the ones I wanted...

Also when I put them in during my tire change I had them mounted at a 45 degree angle instead of dead straight 90 degrees and they seam more accessible at most wheel positions. :D

Two good calls there, I think. You've got a little more clearance from the brake disc at 45 degrees, and a month on advance for a $20-$30 investment? That's not what I call a capital-intensive decision. Also, there's nails, glass, sharp rocks an punks with knives all over this place! Can't hurt to get 'em ahead of time.