A quick Hello

ZaGhost

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

Been lurking for a while as the FZ has made it on my current short list along with the SV650, weighing in the +/- of both and the best place to get the info is as always, the bike specific forums.

Current ride is an 83 Maxim 400 (the DOHC XS), so I'm already familiar with the narrow yammi friction zone (aka the fraction zone) The main determining factor will probably be cash/availability ... for the SV I'd like an N model, but they are few and far between here (lots of S models, but then the extra down time and cash for either convertibars or the bar/cables/tree top swap), starting to see more used FZ's on the market, and it's good to go without mods (at least to start)

Local shop was an '04 with the top case sitting there, may check on financing options with them ,hehe

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to ZaGhost. I was a lurker myself for months before I found the right FZ6 for me. There's such a wealth of useful info and friendly help on this site that it had a definite influence on my decision to go the FZ route and I couldn't be happier with my decision.
In my experience, he notorious friction zone virtually disappears with a set of Pazzo (or equivalent) levers.
Can't wait to see what you get and see the pictures!

ZaGhost

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, will definately post up pics once I pick something up.
But that is a ways of, unfortunately need to get a few things before it's new bike time.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:ZaGhost!

I used to have the XS400 I think it was a 77 or 78...

Enjoy the great group of people and experience here and Post up some pictures of you XS400!!

ZaGhost

Reaction score
Visit site
Ahh the SOHC XS, I have the DOHC XS, basically half an XJ :)

A few pics and info ( and typos I still haven't fixed yet , hehe)
Can be found here

She's a work in progress, lost the Shoie fairing and a front turn signal in a wind storm.

*PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT* Bike covers become sails in high winds, be careful where you park ......

I was using the fairing for spring and fall, and ran nekkid through the summer...
PLan to keep the 400 after the upgrade and continue to customize her, it's a fun little bike