About to Seal the Deal on 1st Bike

D

Dave.TX

Howdy all! Basically it's a 2008 Raven FZ6 with 6404 miles, Givi hard bags and Leo Vince exhaust. It's at a dealership that sells European bikes, not Japanese, and these types aren't what their customers come to buy. I found out this bike was owned by a female rider. Other than the exhaust the rest of the bike is stock. This is what it looks like:

ub04827.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful machine with excellent upgrades. I'm jealous of the sidebags!! I need more cargo room!

Enjoy the ride!!

D

Dave.TX

Called the dealership, they're faxing a PO to the credit union. It's on like Donkey Kong! Who the heck made up that phrase, anyway? Guess tomorrow I'll be bringing this raven bike home...

The bags are definitely nice to have. The exhaust, I was hoping for a totally stock bike but guess I can live with them. I don't think there's a PCIII on it. Under the seat I noticed the pipes are wrapped with that fiberglass exhaust tape. I s'pose it's to reduce radiant heat but was wondering if that is normal or something the last owner put on...

Last edited by a moderator:

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the family of Texas FZ6 owners !!

Don't forget the gear and make sure it's WELL VENTED. It hit 109 here on Saturday !

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
nice bike and if you don't like the exhaust than I am sure someone here would buy it from you, exhaust for sale on this site goes quicker than $99 hp touchpad

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think there's a PCIII on it. Under the seat I noticed the pipes are wrapped with that fiberglass exhaust tape. I s'pose it's to reduce radiant heat but was wondering if that is normal or something the last owner put on...

Pipe wrap is not "normal", but that's nothing wrong with having it on there. Leo V reduced heat a great deal as is.. I'm sure wrap helps even more. Trust me, it's a very nice upgrade over stock :thumbup:

PCIII is not necessary.. bike runs perfectly with just Leo Vince bolted on.

D

Dave.TX

Yeah, I noticed the spring color too but the dealer guy didn't know anything about it. If it had been a BMW or Triumph he would've.

The "Raven" is the black color. As far as I know the 08's and 09's only came in black or dark blue and black seems to be less common. I would've taken either.

Picked up a new helmet, a Scorpion EXO-1000.

FxCam_1314845519370.jpg

Until I can afford a nicer one this will do. Personally, I've had Shoei in the past and want to get a Shoei again. This fit snugly and was the right price. Yes, I'm a gear person too, not a squid. Even though it hit 103 in Austin today it's gonna start hitting highs in the 90's this weekend.