Acculign Top Clamp GROUP BUY Info

Hoge

Reaction score
Visit site
Seriously considering this if:

They can powder coat to match the 07 frame.

or

It's cheaper to get without the clear anno.

Not sure how well powdercoat would stick to clear anno or bare aluminum. Any ideas which would give a more durable coat?

Looks good! And, I'm mainly a SBN guy too. :)

mbodell

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I have been thinking about the black and I might be better to go with the clear coat. That way any key scratches won't make it look so bad. Either way, I will be in for getting one. I figured more people would be all over this. I hate the stock one with clipons.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Seriously considering this if:

They can powder coat to match the 07 frame.

or

It's cheaper to get without the clear anno.

Not sure how well powdercoat would stick to clear anno or bare aluminum. Any ideas which would give a more durable coat?

Looks good! And, I'm mainly a SBN guy too. :)

I'll ask Mark on Monday about the PC option. I am pretty sure he would PC on the bare aluminium. I would think the PC is more durable but it isn't a high wear area aside from keys.

BTW - Welcome! :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I have been thinking about the black and I might be better to go with the clear coat. That way any key scratches won't make it look so bad. Either way, I will be in for getting one. I figured more people would be all over this. I hate the stock one with clipons.

Man I agee, that stock piece is really ugly, even with the stock bar. I was looking at SVs and ZZR600s too and the sales guy have to sell me to get past the handlebar top clamp issue.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks awesome .... Why was this not available when I had mine !!!!

Post some more pics when you all get them installed .... would be a great riding position with the clips on fitted ... plus a nice set of new rear sets :)

:thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks awesome .... Why was this not available when I had mine !!!!

Post some more pics when you all get them installed .... would be a great riding position with the clips on fitted ... plus a nice set of new rear sets :)

:thumbup:

Check out the first page of this thread about half way down. Lots of photos.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the response on Powder Coating. Mark raises a good point. From his perspective his is simply covering his costs, not making any money on this sale. Remember retail on this is normally $400, not $250, so the added labor to PC puts him further behind.

If you are interested you now have three finish options, clear, black and "raw", all are $250.

Pete,

I can have the parts anodized black. The black is pretty good about not
fading, but if you leave your bike outside for years, they will fade just
like everything else on the bike. People can have the parts powder coated
if they want, but this is something I think they will have to do on their
own, and they will need to have the bores and tapped holes masked because powder coating is thick.

Thanks,

Mark

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
or a better idea than masking tape (when powder coating) is a stud that fits in the hole or a big plastic plug. (remove before baking)

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Although I'm very tempted, I think I'm going to pass. That thing is just so nice though....I really wish I could help out getting the group buy done.

I think it's really funny over there. If you aren't part of the "click" you get slammed regardless. And if you are an FNG, like me there, and push back a bit they blow up.

That has not been my experience....anyone is fair game and the guy who repsonded first is a n00b.

stuntman/steve77

Reaction score
Visit site
i might have - that riser is the only thing i dont love on this bike. im 6' 2" with long arms so it would be better if the bars were a little lower. looks alot cooler too :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We are at FOUR - isk just signed up.

Come on FZ6-Forum.com'ers, SBN is kicking your A$$ on this one! ;)

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a reminder we are at four. I'll let this go for a couple of more weeks then I'll talk to Mark about an adjusted price. He said if we can't get ten he would have to consider another price, ie: higher. So if you are on the fence please let me know.

isk

Reaction score
Visit site
Such a good deal, can't believe more people aren't interested. Get in on this!