Acculign Top Clamp

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice! Are they going to market this now? Any pricing yet?

I'm not a likely candidate since I bought the FZ6 BECAUSE it doesn't have clip-ons. I'd go get the R6 if I wanted that style. However, this is a GREAT resource for those owners looking for a conversion. WELL DONE!!!!

castle228

'07 Kobalt FZ1
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice.

Hellgate, congrats on the wedding. The wife and I just tied the knot 3 weeks ago in the Dominican. You doing a hometown wedding or something destination oriented?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice.

Hellgate, congrats on the wedding. The wife and I just tied the knot 3 weeks ago in the Dominican. You doing a hometown wedding or something destination oriented?

Hey Castle, thanks very much and congratuations. We leave for Vegas on the 2nd, wedding on the 3rd. That one is just for us. The big wedding for the families will be in New Orleans the first weekend of November.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What is the material? I assume aluminum. 2024T-351, 6061-T651, 6063T-6? I was just wondering how ridgid it is going to be.

Dunno, It is more than stiff enough, better than that cast stock stuff. It's not balsa wood. I'll ask and find out.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh I know it will be stiffer than cast, I was just wondering because of the cost of the material would be different as well as hardness and anodizing abilities. I was just looking into how much it would cost me to make one. Thanks.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh I know it will be stiffer than cast, I was just wondering because of the cost of the material would be different as well as hardness and anodizing abilities. I was just looking into how much it would cost me to make one. Thanks.

Here you go:

Pete,

It's 6061-T6 aluminum. Your stock clamp is aluminum's version of
"pot-metal". It is plenty strong.

Thanks,

Mark

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Any word on pricing??

:drool:I would really like to know what the price is also

They don't have it listed on their website, suggesting it was probably a 'one of' production run for the OP.

And for their rear sets, here is what they say:

These rearsets have been discontinued, but I am continuing to support customers with spares.

Too bad, because it WAS a sweet looking top clamp, and rear sets! :D

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, this thread is old and moldy. That ended up being a one off part. I tired to get a group buy together and I couldn't get enough people together.