Adjusting the rear shock hardness..

2007Z6ALL-LED

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the bike like a year ago and the previous owner had it set to max hardness like 7 marked, the bike bumps hard when run over the street reflector.

I used the provided hook from the bike's accessories to turned the shock's collar ring counter clock wise.... isn't that simple or do I need to ensure it locked into some mark?

Thx,
jh

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the bike like a year ago and the previous owner had it set to max hardness like 7 marked, the bike bumps hard when run over the street reflector.

I used the provided hook from the bike's accessories to turned the shock's collar ring counter clock wise.... isn't that simple or do I need to ensure it locked into some mark?

Thx,
jh

It's that simple. It has 7 positions and *default* is 3. That works well for a rider weighing ~150-160 pounds. Just make sure that it fully sits into whichever position you spin the adjuster to.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
is the marker beneath the seat? Is the marker beneath the seat or on the side where the hook can insert to turn..?

Thx,
jh

There is a slot on the left side of the bike for the spanner tool to fit through, to get to the adjusting collar.

If your bike has a center stand, put it up on the stand.. it makes it easier to turn the adjuster.

2007Z6ALL-LED

Reaction score
Visit site
yep on the left side of the bike that was where I inserted the hook to turn the collar ...but how do I know what number or if it's locked into the position. I read the manual that it said it had the indicator...

maybe I haven't looked hard enough yet!

keep looking again now!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yep on the left side of the bike that was where I inserted the hook to turn the collar ...but how do I know what number or if it's locked into the position. I read the manual that it said it had the indicator...

maybe I haven't looked hard enough yet!

keep looking again now!

Look through that same slot (where you would insert the tool to make the adjustment). You'll see the numbers and the 7 *teeth*.

CNY Fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
The numbers are stamped into the metal below each indentation/slot that the spanner fits into. Hard to see without a flashlight. :thumbup:

2007Z6ALL-LED

Reaction score
Visit site
Yepper! I saw it..will do it again when I got home or maybe in the weekend. I did turn it to 5 or 4 but now I checked it got back next to the 7...I guessed perhaps it turned back by itself when it's not actually in the locked-in position..

thanks everyone on this!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yepper! I saw it..will do it again when I got home or maybe in the weekend. I did turn it to 5 or 4 but now I checked it got back next to the 7...I guessed perhaps it turned back by itself when it's not actually in the locked-in position..

thanks everyone on this!

No. It will not go to 7 on its own, if you move it to 4 or 5. It can only shift half a step (like if you were between 4 and 5, it most likely drop to 4).

Unless of course.. the teeth are somehow very worn out (highly unlikely)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like you turned it the wrong way. When clicked to the next position, it locks down very tightly.

As noted above, its easier to adjust with NO load on the suspension (using the CC).

If its really hard to turn, an air compressor should be able tp help blow any crap out of there as the tolerances are pretty tight..

2007Z6ALL-LED

Reaction score
Visit site
did it! I turned it the wrong way so I turned it again to Clockwise and now it's set to 4...it should good for me as I'm only 170lbs :)..the previous owner is like 220 lbs something and he set it like max 7!