Aftermarket exhaust & Soft Luggage?

Gcontroller

Reaction score
Visit site
So thinking about getting some aftermarket cans. Not sure which ones yet. But here is my delima. I run soft luggage for multi day rides. With the stock exhaust and rear signal placement it's no problem. The exhaust doesn't burn my luggage and the signals are out of the way.

But I want a rear fender eliminator and new cans and still need to be able to use my soft bags. Any suggestions? Which exhaust? Can it be done? Does carbon fiber heat up less then steel or Ti? Post some pics of your setup if you've got a solution.

Even in the sun, metal cans heat up more than CF, so my opinion is that CF cans would not get quite as hot as metal. I think you would be fine with the soft luggage.

I have Scorpion CF cans - loud, they look good, but each to their own. I posted pics of them under Mods last week if you want to look.

:Flash:

I'm running carbon Scorpion cans and I did a trip from Vermont to New Jersey this summer with soft luggage. Nothing got cooked.

Oddly aftermarket runs cooler than the OEM muffler, go figure. I could touch my Arkrapovics after a hot summer ride with my bare hand. I used Coretech saddle bags with no problems at all.

most soft luggage has a felt liek substance on the side to help with the heat... just watch out for any plastic edging on the bags as that is what will melt.

I've got cortech sport bags and they don't touch the exhaust, but even if they did it wouldn't be a problem. They've got like a neoprene cover on the inside and the exhaust cans don't get hot enough to melt it.

Back