All round tyres required

seacliff

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone any experience of Michelin Road Pilot 3 or Pirelli Angel ST and can recommend either or another good alternative for an all year round tyre?

Seems like I'm the only one on here with Pirelli Angel's on here.. so here's my review! :)

I can't compare them with PRs as I switched my tires from the original dunlop to pirelli's.
I loved the angel ST. They stick to the asphalt really good and heat up quite fast. The dual compound also works great. Only drawback I have on them would be the side wear. I had to change the front tire after about 16k km due to one of the side not having thread anymore. The middle was still in great condition.

As for GTs, they seems to be more durable (wear) but are kinda more slippery (or take longer to heat up?) compared to STs.

Never had any slip issue with either of the angels under heavy rain (I ride every day, rain or shine).

petergreko

limits are for suckers
Reaction score
Visit site
My first report with the new PR4 (front) PR3 (rear). (I got a deal on a rear PR3 so I had to take it.

Had a chance to run them on the Ortega (CA 74). It was a nice day (mid 70's) and I was riding 2 up. The tires were performed excellently. Great grip, no fear (I did get kidney punched a couple of times for taking a turn fast) and everything was smooth as silk. Next test will be longevity. I use this for daily commute and that'll be the real test if the $$$ I paid was worth it.

But as far as stickiness and handling go, so far 9 or 10 out of 10 in good weather. Rain to be continued, but seeing this is the "rainy season", that may happen soon. Maybe.

Last edited:

YZ125

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have input in the Shinko Raven 009 tires?

I can get front/rear set for $165 shipped. I do not push my bike hard around turns at all. I ride country back roads and go for leisurely cruises.

Review seem to show positive reviews.

Will these tires serve me well?

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I ran a Shinko Raven on front only when I first bought mine. Anyway, got about 10K awesome miles out of it before it started wearing unevenly and needed replacing. Economy tire that performs well....Up front at least.
Others have also had good experiences with the Ravens, I'm sure they'll chime in.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have input in the Shinko Raven 009 tires?

I can get front/rear set for $165 shipped. I do not push my bike hard around turns at all. I ride country back roads and go for leisurely cruises.

Review seem to show positive reviews.

Will these tires serve me well?

I had the ravens on a while back, loved them for touring and commuting. Word of caution tho, they don't like those metal bridges. The rain groove on the front tire likes to track the zig zag. Other than that I got about 13k miles out of them. They worked great in the rain too.

YZ125

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replies!

Given my style of riding is for pleasure instead of performance, would the extra $100 to $150 for more premium tires like what Michelin and Pirelli offers be worth the extra cost?

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I very rarely/almost never ride in wet conditions. The only time I will ride in the rain is when I get caught in an unexpected rain shower.

I'm probably over thinking this, but would like to hear some thoughts.