AMA race at NJMP Sept. 15th

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's that time of year again!
I'm going this year with Erci again. Like last time, everyone met at my house that morning then we rode there. This year I would like to invite those that want to go to stay at my house the night before, that way you won't have to get up so early to meet here. I can even include real life camping in the back yard, a fire pit, and SMORES!

JeffD

Reaction score
Visit site
OHHHHH Noooo!! :eek:
MotoJoe, I'm not sure who everybody includes or where they come from, but I am STRONGLY considering haul'n My "AMA SuperBike Love'n, Josh Herrin Root'n, Camp'n at The Races, Sport Touring Mode Ar$e" to your house and Hang With The Gang for the weekend. I'm only 2 hours from the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course but missed that round this year. :( I did get to go to the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Weekend again though :) Love both, but anyway, I'm coming from Dayton, Ohio.

So, from a quick check, looks like I have a 600 mile, 9 hour ride ahead of me. :) Probably more like 10-11 hours.

MAN this is gonna be so Awesome! I'm so Jacked! So do you guys go to the main race only on Sunday, or are you there for the entire Race Weekend? Either way, I'm seriously considering getting the 3-Day pass and camp either by myself, or with a group. That's how we roll at Mid-Ohio; I can't imagine it's much different in New Jersey?? Unless the camping blows because of silly rules... No campfires in the campgrounds? You're camping, right? I thought that's what I read on the New Jersey Motorsports Park Camping Rules... Correct? Overhead map shots do not make the campgrounds easy to identify, but I do see a landing strip???? Honestly, the facility doesn't appear to be all that "Fan Friendly"? Please clue me in. :)

If you wouldn't mind, please let me know what the plan is, here or thru PM, but I am very interested. I think it would be a BLAST!!! :D Thanks Bud

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just going for the day on sunday because I have prior obligations saturday morning to mid afternoon. Last year we met at my house in the morning as I am about an hour away from the track using back roads. Viewing is somewhat limited, but it's still a lot of fun to go and see everything there. For the people I have not met, I ask that you be respectful of the house and family. No DB's please:thumbup:

I got my tickets the other day, anyone else going?

Last edited:

JeffD

Reaction score
Visit site
Pssssssssssssssssssss
That's the air escaping from my bubble you just popped Joe! ;)
Totally kidding, just being funny. Well, I amuse myself anyway!

Well Crap! Ok, can you tell me more about the park and the camping? Shall I simply call the track and speak with them? Duh, U.T.F.M.!!! :)

Can you at least tell me if it's worth camping there? No campfires on the campgrounds? Does it suck to stay at the track? I guess that's what I'm getting at. If it's not worth staying at the track, then I still may consider the one day trip, but boy that would be rough! Still kicking the whole thing around.
Thanks MotoJoe!

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Just going for the day on sunday because I have prior obligations saturday morning to mid afternoon. Last year we met at my house in the morning as I am about an hour away from the track using back roads. Viewing is somewhat limited, but it's still a lot of fun to go and see everything there. For the people I have not met, I ask that you be respectful of the house and family. No DB's please:thumbup:

I got my tickets the other day, anyone else going?

You just buy a general AMA Sunday ticket and thats all?

JeffD

Reaction score
Visit site
Just spoke with Olga at the NJMP and she was very helpful indeed!
Sounds like I can actually pull this off if I set my mind to it and prepare properly. I can arrive at the park on Friday the 13th, DOH! :eek: Wish me luck!!
And enter the park at 7:00am if all goes well. Then setup camp and start checking out the facility. Showers are available in some facet but they sound nice by description. There are food vendors and a Track Grill & Pub to boot! Open till 11PM she said. I suppose there are breakfast vendors as well?? There are also typical commercial food places, gas stations, and liquor stores in the general vicinity. Sounds like a ROAD TRIP!!!

Anyway, If I can coordinate all this with the wife & kids, I think I'll be visiting this awesome track for the first time! So I'll get with you later MotoJoe about cell numbers & whatnot if you guys want to meet up on Sunday. It would be good to meet some fellow AMA fans. I remember 2 seasons ago, my buddy & I arrived at Mid-Ohio around 6:30am, and got in line behind some folks who traveled from NJ via truck & camper. I'd love to make it!!!

JeffD

Reaction score
Visit site

Metallicat, MotoJoe may have other plans, but Olga mentioned that you should have the Paddock Parking Pass as well, $10, so you have it... Sales pitch?? Duno, but I'm not taking chances so I'm buying like one of everything... J/K.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Yeah, I don't see a need for vip parking. I like to walk around.
EDIT: After thinking about it some more and talking with Erci, I added the VIP Bike Paddock Parking.

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pssssssssssssssssssss
That's the air escaping from my bubble you just popped Joe! ;)
Totally kidding, just being funny. Well, I amuse myself anyway!

Well Crap! Ok, can you tell me more about the park and the camping? Shall I simply call the track and speak with them? Duh, U.T.F.M.!!! :)

Can you at least tell me if it's worth camping there? No campfires on the campgrounds? Does it suck to stay at the track? I guess that's what I'm getting at. If it's not worth staying at the track, then I still may consider the one day trip, but boy that would be rough! Still kicking the whole thing around.
Thanks MotoJoe!
Hard to say about camping, I didn't camp there or really pay attention to those that did.

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a great weekend.....started thinking about it and googled the distance from up here.....11hr ride at best....eeeeeks.
For camping check out the course's camping page.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Joe, I think I'll be taking you up on the couch offer. Planning to ride down to your place Saturday evening :thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone else is going, please do not buy a ticket!! Joe bought an extra one (he though my wife was going, but she isn't). Help a brother out and buy that ticket from him, please!

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone else is going, please do not buy a ticket!! Joe bought an extra one (he though my wife was going, but she isn't). Help a brother out and buy that ticket from him, please!

whaaaaaat if we just "pretended" to be your wife.....but just didn't consummate the relationship after the finals?