American Motorcyclist

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
On the cover of this month's AMA (American Motorcyclist Association) magazine, "American Motorcyclist" is a picture of a good friend of mine and MSF RiderCoach, Bryan Dunlap. It is related to an article inside about motorcyclists fighting for the same rights the cagers enjoy. For Bryan he was instrumental at getting access to the parking garages on the campus at Ohio State.

I've had similar experiences in getting the highway department and local municipalities to adjust traffic light sensors so that motorcycles will trip them.

Please consider doing something good for the motorcycle community. The AMA is one of a very few organizations looking our for our rights and the only one that I know of that has lobbyists in the nation's capital looking after us. If you're thinking of joining an organization, please give them a look.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool, Mike!

Besides being an outstanding organization, in terms of making sure motorcyclists' rights are not overlooked, as a member you get amazing benefits:
Things like unlimited road-side assistance for any vehicle you own.
Pretty good discounts on certain brands and at certain retailers, etc.
The membership is cheap.. something like $49 for the year.

If you're not a member, consider joining.. even if you're not a motorcyclist you'll get excellent road-side assist. for less than the cost of AAA.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a good deal, I wonder if they'll be able to convince my school to bring back motorcycle parking. I got a ticket for parking in a yellow lined and VERY unused spot that I've parked at for a year and a half. I was able to talk them out of the charges but they don't care to reinstate their motorcycle parking.

Their lame excuse was "we tried it before and people kept stealing the signs so we don't offer that anymore"....like really, I'LL provide paint to spray paint a motorcycle stencil and put motorcycle parking in. It's such BS, the parking at my school is god awful for a cage (and costs $125 for the permit to have ****ty parking)...it was amazing to be able to park so close for so long and bother no one.

I'd gladly become a member if they could do something.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a good deal, I wonder if they'll be able to convince my school to bring back motorcycle parking. I got a ticket for parking in a yellow lined and VERY unused spot that I've parked at for a year and a half. I was able to talk them out of the charges but they don't care to reinstate their motorcycle parking.

Their lame excuse was "we tried it before and people kept stealing the signs so we don't offer that anymore"....like really, I'LL provide paint to spray paint a motorcycle stencil and put motorcycle parking in. It's such BS, the parking at my school is god awful for a cage (and costs $125 for the permit to have ****ty parking)...it was amazing to be able to park so close for so long and bother no one.

I'd gladly become a member if they could do something.

Are you the only rider or do you see enough motorcycles in the lot? It might be worth a shot asking them to look into it.