and the answer is.... yes.

Less

Reaction score
Visit site
As of May 1st I'm going with Progressive. $100/300K with $1000 ded. will be $383/yr. This is over $200 less than I was quoted with my current provider for the exact same coverage.

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
WHAT! holy mackerel. i'm 32, own a house, married with two kids and plan on simply commuting to work (15 miles away) for the most part. i picked $1000.00 deductibles and it's close to $800.00 with gieco. insane! thanks. i'll definitely be shopping around on monday.

I am 27 and I have had Geico for 2 yrs now. The first year I was paying $450 odd for collision and comprehensive with $250 deductible. This was my first bike here in the US so it kind of made sense to me that the premium was slightly high. Plus, my car is also insured with Geico so they were able to give me a discount.
Then when my insurance was up for renewal this year it went up to $1800. I called up Geico and they said that the FZ6 was reclassified as a super sport bike, which until last year, it was not. That was one of the reasons, and the other was, they said they had seen an increase in claims for this bike for last year, another reason why the premiums went up. I have heard that State Farm has the cheapest insurance rates but that is only if you have other types of insurance, like home owners, car, etc with them. Me, I rent an apartment so I cannot switch, because for me, their rates become unbelievably high.
Also, all this might be more relevant to New York State. Premiums change according to states as well.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just reupped with Progressive and it's only $297.00 a year. I also have my house, car and dirt bike with the same agent. Different companies though.

OK DEAN, You have a new bike lets see it.
:needpics:

Last edited:

hiway

Reaction score
Visit site
That rate seems way high. I would really do a serious sit down in front of the mirror also and ask if you really need full coverage also. Take a look at what you have for medical insurance already and look at what it is costing you for a bike worth around 4500 bucks. Sometimes it isn't worth it.

rdoucet

Ghost Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations on the purchase!!

I have Farmers Insurance for everything that requires insurance (home, bike, cars and life). Make sure when shopping insurance that you are getting the same quotes from each insurance company.

Good Luck,

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have my FZ6 insured through State Farm on the same policy as my boat. I'm 28 and running full coverage with a $250 deductible for $322 per year. Keep shopping for insurance... you can do a lot better than $800/ year.

My situation is the same as his except I am 29 and with Progressive. I pay the same each year as he has listed also.

nsikes

Reaction score
Visit site
All Ya'll should move to Iowa. We have the second lowest insurance rates in the country.

I almost bought a Z1000 and that was only going to be $250/year.

I DON'T have medical on my motorcycle insurance, since I carry it through work and it covers me in an accident...

But $210/year seems really reasonable to me, and after seeing that it is about the lowest anyone has, I guess I am HAPPY:Flash:

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to agree with most I've seen on here. I have my policy through State Farm and full coverage is $230 for the whole year, $500 deductible, and 250/500 on liability. Shop around for sure.

Edit:
Also I'm 26, have never been married, no kids, and only 1 car. I also have no "current" points on my license and have never had an accident. If you can't come in under $300 you need to shop around.

Last edited:

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
OK DEAN, You have a new bike lets see it.
:needpics:
sorry for being so late in this. had to find time to take some pics and then upload them. so here they are. nothing spectacular about mine other than it's mine.
HPIM1488.jpg

HPIM1490.jpg

and my favorite. i have to keep her off of it. she climbs up on her own and starts acting like she's riding.
HPIM1491.jpg

now about insurance. i haven't been able to get up with state farm, but i have gotten up with farm bureau and they can give me a 250 deductible at 380 for the year. that's more like it. progressive wanted 500 for the year with a 1000 deductible. maybe it's NC. i know it's not my record.

thanks guys for posting your insurance. otherwise i might would have just assumed mine was fine and left it that way. i know in NC that auto is pretty much the same with every company. it's legislated that way. just thought motorcycle insurance would be the same. but i guess not.

S

somedayrider

there is something special aboutit its georges blue !!!! jealous! :eek: :drool: