Android Kit Kat for: RazR M, HD & Maxx is rolling out

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Like it or not, it looks like Kit Kat coming. Hopefully the camera software will improve!
Link

Just thought id share. Hopefully its an improvement although i have no issues except the camera software sucks. Anyway it migbt be wise to Back up your stuff!

Anyone have any issues with devices? Specifically the Motorola RazR HD series? Did your smarty phone work as expected after the update?
Tks

I've got RAZR M. No update yet. I don't know if it's the cam software or hardware, but this phone is pathetic when it comes to pic quality. Love everything else about it.. I'll check for update now.

I've got RAZR M. No update yet. I don't know if it's the cam software or hardware, but this phone is pathetic when it comes to pic quality. Love everything else about it.. I'll check for update now.

Best I can tell it won't take a pull, Just a push update. Unless you have magic fingers! :don'tknow:

As for the camera; it doesn't go on to say much of anything about it in the updates. I mean the hardware has the ability as I looked up the sensor some time ago and found it in LG devices that had better firmware. Time will tell I guess.

Best I can tell it won't take a pull, Just a push update. Unless you have magic fingers! :don'tknow:

As for the camera; it doesn't go on to say much of anything about it in the updates. I mean the hardware has the ability as I looked up the sensor some time ago and found it in LG devices that had better firmware. Time will tell I guess.

Updated. Looks of, for most part. Preferred old SMS style.. new has white background. Old dial pad looked better too. Camera interface looks about the same.. not sure if the pictures will come out any better.

Yeah I saw the update banner this morning and put it on hold. My pic quality has been pretty good for a phone.

I have the cheapo RazorM and other than crummy data service the phone works pretty good. I heard Americans are like #16 on speed on our networks. In fact I may just go back to a clamshell...:rolleyes:

Also remember to check all your setting with the update because they wipe reset stuff like voice command. I hate needing the phone when using my helmet Bluetooth and it just does nothing....Oh that's right my phone was updated! How can you have so many updates? Do they not know how this stuff works? Data Mining baby! Data Mining!

Last edited:
Do Not do the Android KitKat update!

Do we have a choice? [MENTION=2579]Motogiro[/MENTION]
What can you tell us? Can a HAMMER FIX THIS?
picture.php
picture.php
Blah

Do we have a choice? [MENTION=2579]Motogiro[/MENTION]
What can you tell us? Can a HAMMER FIX THIS?
picture.php
picture.php
Blah

Yes you have a choice. Do not do the Kitkat update!

I did the update and as my phone was rebooting a window opened up with the message System UIDs inconsitent...bla bla ...partition bla bla bla...

At the bottom of the window it said "are you felling lucky" and it was the only option to get out of that screen. I hit it and my SIM card didn't recognize my password. I rebooted my phone and was able to enter my SIM password and the phone booted. So far my bluetooth will only see my wife's computer bluetooth but not any of my bluetooths. I haven't look at much else on the phone as it was late...

https://www.google.com/search?q=no+...la:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

I Googled the Kitkat update and ....holy crap!

I'm backing up my SD card and taking the phone to Verizon where some poor slob has to deal with .....

I haven't seen a fix for the bluetooth problem that has occurred on many many devices and I will research a little more this morning before I go to Verizon....

Last edited:
Yes you have a choice. Do not do the Kitkat update!

I did the update and as my phone was rebooting a window opened up with the message System UIDs inconsitent...bla bla ...partition bla bla bla...

At the bottom of the window it said "are you felling lucky" and it was the only option to get out of that screen. I hit it and my SIM card didn't recognize my password. I rebooted my phone and was able to enter my SIM password and the phone booted. So far my bluetooth will only see my wife's computer bluetooth but not any of my bluetooths. I haven't look at much else on the phone as it was late...

https://www.google.com/search?q=no+...la:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

I Googled the Kitkat update and ....holy crap!

I'm backing up my SD card and taking the phone to Verizon where some poor slob has to deal with .....

I haven't seen a fix for the bluetooth problem that has occurred on many many devices and I will research a little more this morning before I go to Verizon....

Wow.. sorry you're having such a bad experience with this, Cliff. My phone is OK with the update. I used bluetooth with Sena on the way in, this morning.. it kept all the settings.. no issues :don'tknow:

Wow.. sorry you're having such a bad experience with this, Cliff. My phone is OK with the update. I used bluetooth with Sena on the way in, this morning.. it kept all the settings.. no issues :don'tknow:

So far the bluetooth is the only problem. My neighbor just told me he did the kitkat on his Samsung and it eats the battery now.

Do not do the Kitkat!

I updated my Razr HD last Thursday night and when I got my first phone call on Friday morning I couldn't answer the call from a locked phone, email wouldn't push and I lost bluetooth connection to my Belkin in my cage. Needless to say I lost my appetite for candy bars. :Flip: After a few calls I found that you have to hold the lock and slide to right to answer; I had remove and re-add my Yahoo account to solve email problem, but still does not push; and I had to reinitialize my Belkin and now works fine. I liked the old colors better too and I have only taken one picture with poor lighting, so I can't judge the camera yet, although on my phone it is always visible (icon) even if the phone is locked.

The update cleared the 5 devices I had paired to my phone. Jelly Bean update never did that so I thought my Bluetooth was busted. I made my device discoverable and was able to pair it. I'll pair the other devices after looking to see what happened to my weather and battery widgets that have completely disappeared from the phone...

Sent from Moto's Motorola

Got the prompt this mornin to push it. I'm gonna looks real close at my son's phone and see how it looks. Its a moto that came with KK installed.

Any comments on Camera quality in different lighting? In ideal situations, it can be OK. But most of the time it sucks! To bright outside, too dark outside, too much direct sun, and go forbid taking pictures under artificial light.

Looks like swype is gone too and a nasty WHITE background for SMS. Why? What were they thinking???? I'm holding off for bit....

Cliff, how much free space did you have on the phone before trying the update? I have 10Gb of the 16Gb plus another 16Gb on the micro SD card. Running a RazR HD

Got the prompt this mornin to push it. I'm gonna looks real close at my son's phone and see how it looks. Its a moto that came with KK installed.

Any comments on Camera quality in different lighting? In ideal situations, it can be OK. But most of the time it sucks! To bright outside, too dark outside, too much direct sun, and go forbid taking pictures under artificial light.

Looks like swype is gone too and a nasty WHITE background for SMS. Why? What were they thinking???? I'm holding off for bit....

Cliff, how much free space did you have on the phone before trying the update? I have 10Gb of the 16Gb plus another 16Gb on the micro SD card. Running a RazR HD

I have all my 5 devices paired to the phone now. My Jabra earset, Jabra Clipper for stereo music, My Sena SMH10r for the helmet, My car stereo and my OBDll interface.

I have a 32 gb sd and about 3 gb left on my internal..

Yup the only thing I like about the Kitkat is the pull down screen now has quick access to wireles,BT,RF,setting,battery,brightness,airplane,and location.

The blue colored icons that we were used to tell you were active on wireless or 4G or RF are now just grey or white. And yes the SMS screen looks hinky with the white.

As far as the camera goes. I was sitting at Starbucks and this beautiful girl with long flowing hair sat down near me. Here's how well the camera works now....
IMG_20140520_095340_243.jpg

People sitting at the next table were crying laughing because I told them I was posting this on a MC forum with over 22,000 members and that he would be famous! He never knew what we were talking about and never turned around which I think made them laugh even harder.... :rof:

As far as the camera goes. I was sitting at Starbucks and this beautiful girl with long flowing hair sat down near me. Here's how well the camera works now....
IMG_20140520_095340_243.jpg

People sitting at the next table were crying laughing because I told them I was posting this on a MC forum with over 22,000 members and that he would be famous! He never knew what we were talking about and never turned around which I think made them laugh even harder.... :rof:

Smile and say cheese...............Blah

I have all my 5 devices paired to the phone now. My Jabra earset, Jabra Clipper for stereo music, My Sena SMH10r for the helmet, My car stereo and my OBDll interface.

I have a 32 gb sd and about 3 gb left on my internal..

Yup the only thing I like about the Kitkat is the pull down screen now has quick access to wireles,BT,RF,setting,battery,brightness,airplane,and location.

The blue colored icons that we were used to tell you were active on wireless or 4G or RF are now just grey or white. And yes the SMS screen looks hinky with the white.

That is a Tough Lens! Not sure how it held up givin the GIANT CRACK across it! Blah

Good One Bro! :rof: Rep 4u!

Okay, since I was being so negative about the update, here are some positives. I have the RazR M. I like the new camera icon that's available even if the screen is locked. It's fast to get to your camera without having to unlock the screen.
When you do the update Google turns on your calendar sync to Google and dumps your calendar schedule to your Google account. I normally have that turned off for privacy but they defaulted it to on. I discovered it on and turned it off.
Since I've fixed the removed apps and widgets and re paired my Bluetooth devices the new update seems to be okay.

Last edited:
Okay, since I was being so negative about the update, here are some positives. I have the RazR M. I like the new camera icon that's available even if the screen is locked. It's fast to get to your camera without having to unlock the screen.
When you do the update Google turns on your calendar sync to Google and dumps your calendar schedule to your Google account. I normally have that turned off for privacy but they defaulted it to on. I discovered it on and turned it off.
Since I've fixed the removed apps and widgets and re paired my Bluetooth devices the new update seems to be okay.

I played with my son's RazR Mini which is on this OS. There isn't anything that seems just BAD except the loss of Swype. Beyond that, its not so different as long as all apps work as planed (even if some details need restored).

From the lock screen it appears to have quick access to Camera, Phone, Txt, and Phone unlock. Different look, but the same function. Is this true?

Msg'ing is bland, white.
Home screen has additional swipe type functions.
There is quick access to some functions....
I'll do it this weekend and see how it goes...

Mine hasn't given me any issues. Definitely not a fan of the new SMS look, but otherwise it's fine.

Mine hasn't given me any issues. Definitely not a fan of the new SMS look, but otherwise it's fine.

Yeah mine's fine. I just jumped the gun when my Bluetooth didn't work anymore and some apps disappeared. I would also like to say I think some of the new features are more logical...:rolleyes:

Back