Another member from TX

rgatling

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello! New to this forum, but not to the FZ6. I'm about to add a Puig racing screen and change the fork springs and oil.

Here's a couple of pics I took last year...

467438101_0200a1fc3b.jpg

467437417_20564a52d8.jpg

rgatling

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice looking bike, and welcome to the forum.whats next on the list of mods?

Gracias. The next mod will probably be the airbox mod. I'm considering the rear shock, but need to wait a bit before spending that amount.

The tires are getting changed out this week. Getting the OEMs off will be an upgrade.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!

I'm considering the rear shock, but need to wait a bit before spending that amount.

Just picked up an adjustable rear shock off a 2002 R1...$44 shipped (eBay). Depending on your weight the stock R1 spring may be just the ticket...if not you'll need to buy a replacement spring for an additional $100.

Check out bikerbill's thread for more information on this mod.
________
Jane cam

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello! New to this forum, but not to the FZ6. I'm about to add a Puig racing screen and change the fork springs and oil.

Here's a couple of pics I took last year...

467438101_0200a1fc3b.jpg

467437417_20564a52d8.jpg
Welcome to you and all the other members of the new Texas invasion lol.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Gracias. The next mod will probably be the airbox mod. I'm considering the rear shock, but need to wait a bit before spending that amount.

The tires are getting changed out this week. Getting the OEMs off will be an upgrade.

Hey, I'm just down the road from you in Austin.

I'll be glad to dispose of your OEM tires for you. =)

Fred

JohnTex

Reaction score
Visit site
O.K., so when are we getting together to ride? I'm looking for any excuse to get this bike out of the flat, straight, concrete expanse called Houston!

rgatling

Reaction score
Visit site
John,
Now you're talkin'...

I went out yesterday with 5 of my TSBA buddies and we did ~260 miles on a scouting trip. We ride regularly with others from San Antonio and Houston. We have some folks from the Fort Worth chapter coming down this weekend.

Anyway, let's put something together. I've been wanting to make a run in the piney woods, but I'm game for almost anywhere. I know LOTS of great roads just north and west of Austin. Let me know if you want to head this way or I'll head east...