Any headlights brighter than these?

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
Without going over to an HID looking for the brightest lights I can find, I'm using these PIAA Night Tech's at the moment.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/PIAA-10704-Night-Tech-Upgrade/dp/B00544ZD86/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379370727&sr=8-1&keywords=piaa+night+tech]PIAA 10704 Night Tech 60/55 Watt H4 Upgrade Bulb - Pair : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got PIAA extreme whites in, and they're pretty freaking bright. Those Hellas don't sound half bad, even if they don't last too long they're reasonably priced.

That said, I'm thinking hard about doing HID projectors. Even with great bulbs, IMO the reflectors are severely limiting.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got PIAA extreme whites in, and they're pretty freaking bright. Those Hellas don't sound half bad, even if they don't last too long they're reasonably priced.

That said, I'm thinking hard about doing HID projectors. Even with great bulbs, IMO the reflectors are severely limiting.

I have the PIAA's in mine and love them. I don't ride often at night but when I do, there's plenty of light. They put out more lumens for the same wattage used too..

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TK3U4O/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]PIAA 70456 Xtreme White Plus H4 Anti-vibration Bulb : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

Last edited:

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Never used yours so i cant compare, but i have one of these in my bike and it is mega bright!

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Osram-64193NRP-01B-Blister-Motorbike-Headlight/dp/B007K6E21A"]Osram Night Racer Plus 64193NRP-01B H4 12V 60/55W Single Blister Motorbike Headlight Bulb: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike[/ame]

It is also a completely white light which is great!

IMO they are worth trying...

One thing to add, is that the beam is really dense, they do not suffer from weird shadows and dark spots in the beam.

Last edited:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Headlight Mod Progression

Phase 1: I want the brightest possible halogen bulbs (easy and convenient, no mod)

Phase 2: These bright halogens aren't good enough can I get HID without having to take the bike apart, remove headlight, bake, assemble, etc - you end up with HID reflector bulbs. The beam quality sucks!! Ask me I went this way

Phase 3: You already have the wiring, ballasts, relay in place for Phase 2 - why not go with HID projectors?

To each his own no matter what headlight option you choose. If i had to do this over I wouldn't have done Phase 2. Yes it is a fairly easy mod but not worth it in terms of the scatter beam you project at others (if there is such a thing as headlight Karma...)

ltdillard

commutaholic
Reaction score
Visit site

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Scott, just to be clear, do you have these exact PIAAs in your FZ6? Amazon's "fitment" guide says they do not fit (at least don't fit my 2004; might there be a difference in models?).
Thanks,
Tom

I have the original boxes in front of me (which is currently in my bike),

The H4 is PIAA part # 70456

The H7 is PIAA part # 70755

Extreme White Plus, 4000 kelvin..

The light assemblies/bulbs should be the same from 04-09 FZ6...

BTW, I checked their fitment guide, it doesn't fit my 07 either (which is very wrong). Check the PIAA site itself for correct fitment: http://www.piaa.com/ or give them a call.

When I upgraded to mine I called and spoke with Tech. They were relativly new and were made for the additional vibration of motorcycles...

Here's a link thats pretty interesting: http://www.piaa.com/store/c/21-Automotive-Bulbs.aspx, the Extreme White Plus are rated at 4000K, the HID's, 4300K

Just looked at the PIAA site, it only shows the bike with an H4, no mention of an H7, (WTF?): http://www.piaa.com/Shared/Application_catelogs/2012_Powersports_Headlamp_Application_Guide.pdf

Last edited:

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
Never used yours so i cant compare, but i have one of these in my bike and it is mega bright!

Osram Night Racer Plus 64193NRP-01B H4 12V 60/55W Single Blister Motorbike Headlight Bulb: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

It is also a completely white light which is great!

IMO they are worth trying...

One thing to add, is that the beam is really dense, they do not suffer from weird shadows and dark spots in the beam.

From what I've read here and some other places I'm going to rock these in the winter and some cheapies when it get's brighter out. I guess the Osram only lasts a few months but from the reviews I have read everyone loves these, I also read that headlights are brighter in Europe. Yay thanks all!

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
From what I've read here and some other places I'm going to rock these in the winter and some cheapies when it get's brighter out. I guess the Osram only lasts a few months but from the reviews I have read everyone loves these, I also read that headlights are brighter in Europe. Yay thanks all!

I think Osram rates them for 80 hours which is indeed pretty low.

I have one in my headlight and a spare one under my seat just in case, i have probably 40 hours on it now, will see if it does more or less than announced!

Either way, i will keep using them, they are really really bright and are worth it just for the safety aspect.

A friend of mine has them on his bike, and even when you see them during daytime in your mirrors they really attract your attention more than regular bulbs.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the above mentioned PIAA bulbs in my bike since 8-14-11, mileage was 8,770 miles. Current mileage, about 16,000 miles.

(I've had several bikes also within that time frame)..:thumbup:

whynot

Rust never sleeps.
Reaction score
Visit site
I ran two of the PIAA extreme whites in my Triumph for 8K miles, sold the bike, they are still operating ...