Any insight on the Yamaha R6s?

MyFirstBike

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

I was just browsing around the web and found out about a bike i didn't know existed.

The Yamaha R6s, in particular the 2006 version.

I tried googling any information about it and came up with nothing. So if anyone has any input on this bike, throw it out on this thread.

Such things as: Pros and Cons, Reliability, Comfortability, Diff. between the R6, etc.

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
2006-2008 Yamaha YZF-R6S | Motorcyclist Magazine Article at Automotive.com

There's some info here ^^

From Sportrider mag: "The R6S is more comfortable than the R6 and just as quick on the street-probably on the track, too, for most riders. One of our testers wrote that "the new-bike trend seems to be to make a better racebike, but often at the expense of what makes a good streetbike. It may sell more bikes, but is it actually better for the average buyer?" For the latest in style and the ultimate in performance, choose new. For real-world function and fun, go with old."

IMO: If you want a full fairing Yamaha sport bike but don't need an R6, then this is the way to go. While more comfortable than an R6 they're still not as comfy (to me) as riding an FZ6.

Last edited:

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
I had an 04 R6 which is pretty much the same thing. The reasons I switched to the FZ6 were that it was more comfortable and had a bigger gas tank and gas gauge. In my opinion if you aren't doing really long trips the R6S would be comfortable enough.

MyFirstBike

Reaction score
Visit site
That was actually really helpful in explanation of the R6s...

this guy is selling his bike near my neigborhood and it's the 06 R6s. he's selling it for $3600...

it's already hooked up. but idk.. i cant afford a bike right now.. but it seems like a good deal... but for some odd reason... he only has one frame slider on the left side.. and there are scratches on the right side with no frame slider... so i'm thinking it was layed down.. and the frame slider flew off..

Roadstergal

Reaction score
Visit site
The R6S is basically just the '03-'04 R6 rebranded. It's Very Clever Use Of Existing Tooling on the part of Yamaha. If you're looking for a good track bike, one of those that has been dropped a few times is a good choice, but I'd skip it if you're wanting a street bike and it's 'just a good deal.' There are plenty of good deals on FZ6s to be had.