Any tips for HID installation?

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
Sick and tired of not being able to see at night, so I've ordered a (decent) HID kit for the bike - anyone who's done this conversion got any tips for me? Any major pitfalls to avoid? Anything to make it easy peasy?

Ta muchly :)

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
which kit did you get?

Boneman's FZ6 site had a great write-up that I used for my install, but I can't seem to find it - I wonder if there is a cached version somewhere.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you opening the housing? If so, get some new butyl round tape. Guessing 1/4" OD?? 3/8" would be too large.

When opening, don't force it. Put it back in the oven for longer....

Utube headlight butyl replacement. Should help.
Lastly; level your housing on a surface and power it up. Put a line on the wall for beam centers. An X.
When done with new install level housing as you did above and tweak as needed for beam centers before installing lens.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
check out the how to guide from theretrofitsource. there is a step by step Pdf from them. I have done this twice on the same housing and did not need anything added to seal the headlight. The toughest part, arguably is finding a good way to mount the ballasts inside the fairing. Get the wiring harness made for motorcycle w 2 lights for the least amount of headaches. PM me if you have specific questions EDIT: The HID headlights is the very best mod I did to this bike. well worth the effort

Last edited: