Any1 have an old iPod that works?

crazy dave

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, im looking to buy an iPod for cheap if anyone has an old 1 they dont use. I dont care wut 1 or generation. I just dont prefer the shuffle. Scratches dont phase me either. just as long as it works. Thank You.

MRGM

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an older gen 2? mini. Battery doesn't last that long anymore, but I haven't used it in months.

ipod_mini_2g_a.jpg

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have an ipod, but I have an old 30GB Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra(circa 2004)
It's big, ugly, and it plays music.

creativenomadjukeboxzen.jpg

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have an ipod, but I have an old 30GB Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra(circa 2004)
It's big, ugly, and it plays music.

creativenomadjukeboxzen.jpg
These are better than ipods in IMO because you can download any song's you have in your library....we bought my daughter a new ipod and could only put music on it from the ipod pay site and from store bought cd's ...:banghead:

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
These are better than ipods in IMO because you can download any song's you have in your library....we bought my daughter a new ipod and could only put music on it from the ipod pay site and from store bought cd's ...:banghead:

Just an FYI you can get around almost all of apples copy write protection stuff it just depends on how much you want to work at it.

gpd211

Reaction score
Visit site

i have almost all the music on my ipod from limewire or other "sharing" sites. Not sure what issues you have, but mine went on no problem

shuckle

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a refurbished sansa from tigerdirect for Can$50 - figuring if i dropped it while riding, i wouldn't be that upset. It has 4GB built in and a microSD slot that I have an extra 4GB card in. With Rockbox installed (alternative firmware) I can even watch movies on it (not while riding though)

I find it hard to push the buttons with my gloves on, but otherwise - works great.

I haven't tried an ipod - but i would think it would be even more difficult with gloves on.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site

You can't transfer regular old MP3's to it?

I have never, and will never, buy an Apple product.

I have always bought Creative MP3 players because they have more features, better compatibility(more codecs) and are usually cheaper than ipods.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You can't transfer regular old MP3's to it?

I have never, and will never, buy an Apple product.

I have always bought Creative MP3 players because they have more features, better compatibility(more codecs) and are usually cheaper than ipods.

I don't use the I-Pod. I use Creative Labs. Like the EQ and features. It's just drag N drop in fact once I needed to transport a file home and used it as a flash drive. It doesn't care.....

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 30g iPod the middle button is kind of half way stuck down but works fine just push it a bit harder than normal don't use it just sits

jdoorn14

Reaction score
Visit site
Not to continue a zombie thread, but Gelvatron, did you realize that the thread is almost 3 years old?