Anyone found a better spot for the horn?

sublime0713

Gun nut
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm I don't recall exactly where they mount it on naked fizzers from the land of Oz but mine has been relocated to the side. See attached photo. It's visible just below the left turn signal, on the right facing the bike. It isn't the most ideal location as I would've preferred it to be invisible but it wasn't practical to bury behind anything. You can barely hear it as it is. :spank:

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
on the LHS of the frame where the little holes are (im guessing for mounting the fairing on those models) not that bad but gets on my nerves in that spot:spank:
watermark.php

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
On the naked's, you can turn it around, and face it inwards, over the front of the radiator, by reversing the mount bracket, and you can hardly see it.....or hear it for that matter....i did go with this for a while, but changed it back...i sorta got over the fact that it's freakin ugly a while back, and just ignore the thing now...

As for a photo of this reversed, upside down set up, i am sure i have got one somewhere...if i find it, i will post it.

:thumbup:

banditandy

Reaction score
Visit site
how long have you had the horn close to the manifold.....is it giving you any problems bcz of the heat...

Its been there for five years now, it was one of the first mods i did to the bike, never had any problems with it there. :thumbup:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the PIAA Dual Sport Horns and they are mounted under the right and left side of the front faring. They stick out down 3/4 of an inch or so. There was a bolt on each side of the frame to attach them to. Works great. I will post pictures when I get home from work.

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
hit 10,000km last weekend :rockon: and decided it about time i got around to moving the horn so tonight i pulled my finger out and moved it :thumbup: excuse the bugs they are from only 3 days of comuting :eek: damn things. I used the old bracket and just bent the crap out of it in the vise lol the bracket looks all twisted and mangled but its just right. Damn parker globe blew when i got it all backtogether so looks like im putting a new one in at work tomorrow, bloody thing.
SANY0191.jpg

SANY0192.jpg

SANY0197.jpg

SANY0198.jpg

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice work right there, I'm going to get onto this on the weekend. It's bizarre that they just leave it hanging in the wind from factory hey.