Anyone has experience with Scala Rider G9?

vincentmoy

Reaction score
Visit site
A couple buddies and I are planning to get some form of intercom when we ride. We went to our local shop and they have the G9 in stock. I can't find a whole lot of review regarding the G9 yet so I'm wondering if anyone has used them or knows people who has them.

I really appreciate it!

William

Reaction score
Visit site
That looks like a newer model. McUSA just did a Review on it last month.

Cardo has a good lineup of bike-to-bike intercom systems. I have the Q2 Pro...3-way toggle and a half mile range, compared to 9-way and 1.6 mile range on the G9 you're looking at. Plus the G9 appears to allow conferencing of all the riders; the Q2 doesn't. Our Q2 really works great...clear reception, good range of volume control and long talk time. I'll bet the G9 is just as good if not better being the newer model.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
I have no personal experience with it, but a buddy of mine I ride with uses it and swears by it. He has been pushing for me to get one but its a tad bit expensive and I dont do a lot of touring.

vincentmoy

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, my buddy and I just bite the bullet and got the powerset. $250 a piece still a bit steep but I guess I'll post something up once we have more riding with it. So far the initial learning curve is quite steep but we think we should figure the most common functions out soon.