Anyone have flushies?

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
OK

I've finished the BD43 headlight mod... looks sweet, and I've drilled out the holes for Boneman's pod light mod and I'm waiting on the sockets and the led's to come in. I want to put flushies on now that I've got the pod lights, and I've given up on the alternating being in sync with the turn signal (see other post http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/11669-alternating-pod-lights.html#post145475 )

My question is this.... Has anyone put flushies on a '07+? If so do you have pics? I'm wondering if I'll have to cut into the fairing or if I can get away with putting them on those brackets that come out of the fairing. Also if you did put flushie's on, what brand and where did you get them. I've seen the Watsen's but I don't feel like dropping $120 on a blinker.

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely be considering those, I like how they look. Are they running lights too? Hard to tell by the pictures.

no running lights, just turn signal, they are the smoked ones, they have all differnt colors, clear, red, blue, smoke.

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
anyone know if the turn signals need to be set up as running lights in NY state? My friend's brand new ZX6R doesn't have the turn signals set up as running lights, and that came straight from the dealer. I thought I heard somewhere this was required but can't find it anywhere in the motorcycle laws. I'm figuring they don't have to be, but I just want to see if anyone knows something I don't.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
anyone know if the turn signals need to be set up as running lights in NY state? My friend's brand new ZX6R doesn't have the turn signals set up as running lights, and that came straight from the dealer. I thought I heard somewhere this was required but can't find it anywhere in the motorcycle laws. I'm figuring they don't have to be, but I just want to see if anyone knows something I don't.

Are your pod lights going to be set up as running lights too? if so then you shouldn't have to worry about it.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I said screw it and ordered the watsens, they are worth it. They look awesome on my new fairing.

I'll post pics once I get it on the bike, but to give you an idea, it looks like Lazamus69's(black fairing, red sides, black flushmounts, puig). Yes I did copy him, because it's awesome. Plus the black was $150 cheaper than the red.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i always wondered what the draw was to have flushies.. wouldnt it make you less visible while ridding?? just wondering

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
i always wondered what the draw was to have flushies.. wouldnt it make you less visible while ridding?? just wondering

Speaking for myself, I felt that the longish stalk style OEM signals ruined the 'lines' of the bike. I wanted something that fit better with they styling and sleakness of the bike. Flushies are usually put on for more "show" than "go"; mostly for cosmetic reasons. Here is a pic I took when I got one flushie on and one OEM signal on. This illustrates what I'm talking about with regards to the bike's 'lines':

DSCF1817.JPG

Yes, I would agree that some visibility is reduced, but mainly only in the daytime. These Watsen LED flushies are bright little suckers and are easily seen, more so at night. You also get the added benifit of almost 180 degree viewing of the signal as they have LEDS facing front, side and rear(ish).

Like most mods, it's a personal choice and it has pro's and con's. You have to figure out if the pro's outweight the con's for you. Here are a few I considered:

Pro's:
- cleaner, sleaker looking bike
- bright LEDs
- custom look to your bike

Con's:
- reduced visibility (smaller overall signal)
- possibly illegal (flushies are not usually DOT approved)
- can be a pain in the butt to install if you don't like wiring
- some, like Watsen, can be very expensive

Last edited:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well.. ill admit that they do look pretty sharp, but i dunno about the visibility still.. i suppoes your right that its all personal taste.. looks really nice though