Anyone here live near Camden in NSW???

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK folks, am looking at a bike for sale, and it's in Camden in NSW. It's a YZF1000 Thuderace at the right price, and i just need someone with half an idea about what to look and listen for in a used bke, before i make the move to fly over to Sydney to have a look, and probably buy the bike!

The guy sounds genuine on the phone, i just need an impartial viewer to confirm what i already think...that it's a good thing!

Any help would be greatly Appreciated! Definitely a feed and a few beers on me, if i come to get the bike!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good mate of mine lives at Narellan vale (10 mins away) :thumbup: He rides bikes & knows what he is looking at , i'll give him a ring in the morning for you & get him to go have a captain cook if ya like ;)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good mate of mine lives at Narellan vale (10 mins away) :thumbup: He rides bikes & knows what he is looking at , i'll give him a ring in the morning for you & get him to go have a captain cook if ya like ;)

That would be awesome Humpy...you have my number.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Humpy, thanks for sorting out the viewing, and sending me those 2 pictures, any chance you can post those pictures in this thread???

Cheers, Wolfy.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK folks, am looking at a bike for sale, and it's in Camden in NSW. It's a YZF1000 Thuderace at the right price

I'd be VERY careful when buying this bike, Wolfman - it seems the previous owned has withheld some things.....

YZF1000 Thuderace

Firstly, you see that they have taken the 'n' - what else is missing I wonder?

Food for thought.....

LOL!

Anyway, hope it's good, and will you ride it back?

Can't wait to start another ride and have you disappear into the sunset like last time!

(I can't help that I don't know the roads and I'm slow!)

Cheers,
Rick

EDIT: Oh and Humpy? You Da Man!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd be VERY careful when buying this bike, Wolfman - it seems the previous owned has withheld some things.....

YZF1000 Thuderace

Firstly, you see that they have taken the 'n' - what else is missing I wonder?

Food for thought.....

LOL!

Anyway, hope it's good, and will you ride it back?

Can't wait to start another ride and have you disappear into the sunset like last time!

(I can't help that I don't know the roads and I'm slow!)

Cheers,
Rick

EDIT: Oh and Humpy? You Da Man!

Lol! I did not ride off into the sunset, i saw you coming down the road to the Crafers roundabout, and i waited for you on the otherside...dunno how we didnt catch up on the Eagle...cause you were right behind me at the turn off.

:confused:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i saw you coming down the road to the Crafers roundabout, and i waited for you on the otherside..

:confused:

You and JayJay split up and he indicated for me to follow him - I met him at the servo and he said you were going to keep riding (which I wanted to do) - so by the time I had turned around, I couldn't find you!'

I went from there and did The Eagle 4 times before going into town - I thought you'd continued to the west from Crafers!

Cheers,
Rick

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You and JayJay split up and he indicated for me to follow him - I met him at the servo and he said you were going to keep riding (which I wanted to do) - so by the time I had turned around, I couldn't find you!'

I went from there and did The Eagle 4 times before going into town - I thought you'd continued to the west from Crafers!

Cheers,
Rick

Bugger, was on the Eagle, i even waited at the bottom for a bit, but thought you must of gone back towards Mt Barker with Jay!

:(

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow,cant beleive I missed this thread:eek:.I live in Campbelltown which is 10 mikes away & I knew a bloke who owned a thunder ace(I even commuted & went for rides on it a couple of times,good mate,he moved back to NZ)Need to get those pics up Hump so I can see if it's the same one & if it is,its been dropped:((was'nt me)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow,cant beleive I missed this thread:eek:.I live in Campbelltown which is 10 mikes away & I knew a bloke who owned a thunder ace(I even commuted & went for rides on it a couple of times,good mate,he moved back to NZ)Need to get those pics up Hump so I can see if it's the same one & if it is,its been dropped:((was'nt me)

Hmmmm, would be very interested in finding out whether you "know" the bike...am very close to sending the cash!

:thumbup:

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmmm, would be very interested in finding out whether you "know" the bike...am very close to sending the cash!

I also rode it after it was fixed with insurance(mainly cosmetic,fairing,indicator,brake pedal,front lever/master cyl,paintjob) & it still handled fine.This one was the dark one(black & gunmetal ? )He was braking to hard,lost the front & went down on the rhs,probably doing about 60km

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site

Did you allready own a thunder ace or did buy it ?

I tellya what though,go,fcuk me:eek:,I've seen more than $1.70 in 2nd

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I also rode it after it was fixed with insurance(mainly cosmetic,fairing,indicator,brake pedal,front lever/master cyl,paintjob) & it still handled fine.This one was the dark one(black & gunmetal ? )He was braking to hard,lost the front & went down on the rhs,probably doing about 60km

Did you allready own a thunder ace or did buy it ?

I tellya what though,go,fcuk me:eek:,I've seen more than $1.70 in 2nd

No this is an 06, Red, White & Black, and its as stock as a rock!

And no i dont own one, but i have ridden one, this will be my first Thunderace....

And yes, they go like stink!

:D:D:D:D:D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry I took so long but here they are :thumbup:

IMG_7578.jpg

IMG_2122.jpg

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Humpy, thanks for posting the pics....

That damage looks easily fixed....

Or, a replacement set of fairing's can be found on the net, very cheaply!

Anyway, money is currently changing hands, and i am getting the bike shipped to Adelaide, probably in about a week's time...

Thanks for your help again, Humpy.