Anyone in Portland?

Wanderingpie

Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like the weather is going to stay bad for the duration of this week, so I think it best that we start planning a weekend ride sometime in April. Thoughts from others in the Willamette valley?

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
just looked at the weather report and their calling this winter break! we should think 3-4 weekends out. If we get the improbable sunny weekend before than I am ready to go.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
did a really nice road trip on friday. Portland out 26 then down through the coast range to tillamook, hen some back roads from hebo to 99 and back to portland. Like 200 miles. Was beautiful weather and found some great twisties.

Prolly ready for another ride in a couple weeks. I also have some weekdays available, if anyones up for a ride feel free to pm me.

cjhudson101

Reaction score
Visit site
New FZ6 owner here!

Commuting to work, etc...

I picked up a 2005 FZ6 for about 4k and am loving it!

Anyone from the Pac NW still on here?

:-D

--Chris

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Been looking for someone to get a ride with. I hooked up last year with some riders off another sportbikes site but they were a little fast for me. :Sport:

You see, I thought the 25 mph curve signs meant 45, they thought 80. It was a long day :Flip:

So anyone in the P-Town area looking for some spring rides?

P-Town? Ptown :: Lodging, Rentals, Real Estate, Arts, Entertainment, Restaurants, Shopping, and More :: Cape Cod, MA :: Provincetown.com That's a long way from Portland...about 3200 miles!

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
I ran into another local guy (not fz) but if everyone is into that we should try to organize a short ride this month.

there are several cool bike events coming up, we could plan around that maybe?

Last edited:

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
shoot this aint rain, we call this Orygun sunshine :)

been out for a whiles, still got some good rides but no group rides this summer :(

got the occasional afternoon and set up for instant email to posts to this thread, mayhaps a ride amy still occcur...if you have the right gear.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I live in Beaverton. Just love my bike. I would be in for a ride. I am going to Bend/Millican valley for dirt bike riding this weekend. It's going to be awsome. It's my favorite place to ride by far. I have been riding mainly with my friends who all have Harley Davidsons. It's still fun. We don't get too crazy. I do value my life. My regular e-mail address is [email protected]. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
you should have a nice weekened for teh dirtbikes, if the following weekend shows promise of some sunshine I would be willing to take a ride locally.

Keep an eye on the weather report, and have fun getting muddy.

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
So ride I will and everyone is invited... this sunday oct 12th

good weather to come according to the forcast

I will be going up towords mt hood via old hwy.

If I see any intrest I will make a official ride thread and of course suggestions are welcome as I am the only one signed up for this ride and it's not confirmed yet.

But hey I'll ask some other local riders and maybe we can get a few of us.

let me know

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
So ride I will and everyone is invited... this sunday oct 12th

good weather to come according to the forcast

I will be going up towords mt hood via old hwy.

If I see any intrest I will make a official ride thread and of course suggestions are welcome as I am the only one signed up for this ride and it's not confirmed yet.

But hey I'll ask some other local riders and maybe we can get a few of us.

let me know

what route? If its dry I know a great run starting on corbett off of 84 and ending up between sandy and zigzag on the mountain. Depending on the time I might be able to join, going saturday to see the Flogging Mollies, slight chance of rain, high chance of beer.

h2o_boy

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a newb to cycles and this site.
I bought my first road bike (06 FZ6) about a month ago and have put ~1k miles on it mostly solo. I live on the westside near 26 and Cornelius pass.

It would be great to be able to ride with some experienced riders here in the PDX area when the weather permits. Though it looks like our 6 months of rain has just started :(

tominos

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a newb to cycles and this site.
I bought my first road bike (06 FZ6) about a month ago and have put ~1k miles on it mostly solo. I live on the westside near 26 and Cornelius pass.

It would be great to be able to ride with some experienced riders here in the PDX area when the weather permits. Though it looks like our 6 months of rain has just started :(

i'm late to the game, but i'm in portland too. happy valley.