Anyone up for a tour of Tassie!

Only thing is, from Devonport, all the bikes are fully loaded with luggage. Think we're looking for a fairly easy first day due to this.

If we can drop our gear in launceston, we only have that 100km ride from davenport to lug our gear around. Then it's off to what looks like some kick ass twisties!!!

Hey mate. The Devonport to Launie route is pretty average - mostly flat open rural roads but the highway is ok.
The road east of launie through scottsdale is legendary. Every biker down here has told me about the winding sections through the mountains.
I have checked out quite a few roads since moving down here but this remains on my MUST SEE list.
Keen as mustard to join you guys.

What days are you thinking of joining us? Monday, Tuesday we ride from launceston, heading back to launceston. Wednesday we ride from launceston to Hobart. Thursday and Friday, we start at Hobart and end at Hobart. Saturday is a Hobart start, and a strahan finish. Sunday is from Strahan back to devonport to catch the ferry.

Hi guys! I've been a bit out of the loop but I have been checking back to see how things are progressing.
I think leaving the North West till your return to devonport is a great idea because the weldborough pass which you will be heading to the East Coast on from Launceston is awesome, watch for moss on the roads (yes even this time of the year). Make sure you stop at the Pub in the Paddock at Weldborough too!!

Seahorse World is dead boring, alot of money for 5 minutes amusement but the ladies will love it!!

I'd like to catch up with you guys around Hobart, being a THursday and Friday I may not be able to get off work, so maybe an evening catch up!! So what day do you guys actually arrive in the state and maybe I can give the boss the heads up that I may wanna take a day off!!

Ok, re our day 1 dilemma,i think i may have a solution...it's a completely different route,and it means we only have to carry our gear from Devonport to our accomodation, which is only 100km's...

We could then unload allour gear at our house,then take the Tasman Highwayto Scottsdle, then head onto St Helens...yes i know that's our day 2 destination, but it taes a completely different route...and that route looks just incredible...

anyway, here's the link to the proposed route...

Australian travel maps, street directory, driving directions & aerial photographs - Whereis.com

let me know what you think people.

Fine by me. That road looks amazing. :rockon::rockon:

Fine by me. That road looks amazing. :rockon::rockon:

Yep! Looks pretty damn hardcore in fact! There is a chance that Jess might stay in launceston and leave me' to carve the road solo!!! With a brand new set of sticky 016's on the bike as well!

Cannot wait!!!

Hi guys,
I don't have time to read the whole thread, but when do you think that you guys will be passing through Melton in Vic ?, its on your route to the boat about 45 mins west of Melbourne on the western hwy.
If I am able too, I would be happy to cheer you on as you pass through! or spoke your wheels out of jealousy one or the other.

Cheers
Mandy

Hi guys,
I don't have time to read the whole thread, but when do you think that you guys will be passing through Melton in Vic ?, its on your route to the boat about 45 mins west of Melbourne on the western hwy.
If I am able too, I would be happy to cheer you on as you pass through! or spoke your wheels out of jealousy one or the other.

Cheers
Mandy

We pass through Melton 2 times...once on the way to PI on the Thursday at about 5pm, then on the Sunday, at about 6-6.30pm on our way to the Ferry... :D

Join in the ride to the Ferry Stop, and come have a coffee with us before the Ferry pushes off at 9pm...we plan to be at the Ferry Port by 7.30pm to meet the "Humpy's".

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hey Humpy...how is the re-write of the day 5 proposed itinerary going?

:D

How bout something like this...Hobart to Port Arthur...then back via Sorell, up to Richmond on to Brighton via Tee Tree...then to Granton and the Cadbury factory which is only a couple of K's from there.

Maybe I should start posting everything 3 times too :rof:

South of Tassie?.... :spank: :shakehead:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back