Anyone up for a tour of Tassie!

Can anyone remember where the Quads were???

:confused:

Been looking around & there is a few quad bike rides around the island , from Cradle Mountain to Strathan , mud to sand dunes & some just through the forrestry... All look about the same & all take you to some breath taking places :thumbup:

Ohh yeah & the Sea Horse place....... Lock it in Eddie ;)

Was talking to Mum earlier & she mentioned this place Welcome to Seahorse World dont know if anybody else is interested in it but these little critters amaze the hell outta me :thumbup: I wouldnt mind adding it to the itinerary :D

Jess will love you for this...as she would say...

We can be friends!

:D

Can anyone remember where the Quads were???

:confused:

Ok, re our day 1 dilemma,i think i may have a solution...it's a completely different route,and it means we only have to carry our gear from Devonport to our accomodation, which is only 100km's...

We could then unload allour gear at our house,then take the Tasman Highwayto Scottsdle, then head onto St Helens...yes i know that's our day 2 destination, but it taes a completely different route...and that route looks just incredible...

anyway, here's the link to the proposed route...

Australian travel maps, street directory, driving directions & aerial photographs - Whereis.com

let me know what you think people.

Oi Kazza! Do you scuba dive. If so you should consider bringing your gear. I can take you out and show you the seadragons at Rapid Bay.

No joke....If you like sea-horsies, then a leafy seadragon would blow your mind.:thumbup:

Sounds beautiful. They are cute little critters.

Did you know that it's the male seahorses that actually give birth?

Just a bit of useless trivia for ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, re our day 1 dilemma,i think i may have a solution...it's a completely different route,and it means we only have to carry our gear from Devonport to our accomodation, which is only 100km's...

We could then unload allour gear at our house,then take the Tasman Highwayto Scottsdle, then head onto St Helens...yes i know that's our day 2 destination, but it taes a completely different route...and that route looks just incredible...

Australian travel maps, street directory, driving directions & aerial photographs - Whereis.com

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

????

Sounds beautiful. They are cute little critters.

Did you know that it's the male seahorses that actually give birth?

Just a bit of useless trivia for ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. The female lays (they're actually pumped) directly into the male's pouch, where they gestate. The male also provides the "milk". They usually dance, or "court" for a couple days before hand I believe, in order to coordinate their movements for the whole proceedure.

I'm ridiculously well up on underwater critters. I used to work as a divemaster, and partook of loads of courses, repeatedly, including underwater naturalist courses (no not nudie skin diving :BLAA:) so I'm a font of useless fishy trivia. :D

That road Jamie is looking at gets my stamp of approval. Lol.

I'm scared of swimming in the sea.....

When I lived in NZ, there were jelly fish everywhere.

Now I'm in Perth, people get eaten by Great Whites at the beach :(

And, I'm a sook.

I loved snorkling at Rottnest Island and at Coral Bay though. Even went swimming every morning during our holiday in Cairns (before stinger season), but, apart from that, I'm a spa girl :rockon:

I'm scared of swimming in the sea.....

When I lived in NZ, there were jelly fish everywhere.

Now I'm in Perth, people get eaten by Great Whites at the beach :(

And, I'm a sook.

I loved snorkling at Rottnest Island and at Coral Bay though. Even went swimming every morning during our holiday in Cairns (before stinger season), but, apart from that, I'm a spa girl :rockon:

We can be friends...Jess and i also share a dislike for the beach....pool, spa, plung pool people we are! Normally with a drink involved, and lots of relaxing!

Hey mate. The Devonport to Launie route is pretty average - mostly flat open rural roads but the highway is ok.
The road east of launie through scottsdale is legendary. Every biker down here has told me about the winding sections through the mountains.
I have checked out quite a few roads since moving down here but this remains on my MUST SEE list.
Keen as mustard to join you guys.

Hey mate. The Devonport to Launie route is pretty average - mostly flat open rural roads but the highway is ok.
The road east of launie through scottsdale is legendary. Every biker down here has told me about the winding sections through the mountains.
I have checked out quite a few roads since moving down here but this remains on my MUST SEE list.
Keen as mustard to join you guys.
Only thing is, from Devonport, all the bikes are fully loaded with luggage. Think we're looking for a fairly easy first day due to this.

We don't get access to the house in Launceston until about 2pm. I am going to try to get early access so we can at least drop our gear off.

If not, we might look at something else.....

Back