Anyone want to trade stock seat for Spencer Mod seat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
UPDATE: I traded seats with DownRangeFuture. Sorry.. been remiss in updating this thread

Anyone want to trade stock seat for Spencer Mod seat + $

Stock seat is perfect and the Spencer mod was done very nicely with supracor material. the passenger portion of the seat is not changed. Spencer mod on this seat cost $75 plus shipping for a total of $110

I just got a TS seat and eventually when selling this bike I would want to sell with the stock seat.

So if anyone has a stock seat in good condition who was thinking about doing sending it to Spencer's for mod - I can make you a good deal in consideration of a trade for your stock seat. I would get your stock seat plus a little cash. We can talk what price is fair

Last edited:

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone want to trade stock seat for Spencer Mod seat + $

Stock seat is perfect and the Spencer mod was done very nicely with supracor material. the passenger portion of the seat is not changed. Spencer mod on this seat cost $75 plus shipping for a total of $110

I just got a TS seat and eventually when selling this bike I would want to sell with the stock seat.

So if anyone has a stock seat in good condition who was thinking about doing sending it to Spencer's for mod - I can make you a good deal in consideration of a trade for your stock seat. I would get your stock seat plus a little cash. We can talk what price is fair

Im Down!!! i just bought another stock seat in perfect condition to send off to spencer next week. This would be so much easier. Sending PM if it hasnt been spoken for already :)

Last edited:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all.. many thanks to all who have responded.

I took some photos of the seat
https://picasaweb.google.com/tktfio/872011SpencerSeatPhotos?authkey=Gv1sRgCLW7ztDc3o_oIA

and while doing this I noticed the shoehorn is a little distorted from normal use.

I wouldn't be comfortable trading in this condition so I will just withdraw the offer.

and BTW, let me give props to Spencer. The guy is totally responsive when you send him email. The whole experience was very very good. He will turn your seat around in 24 hours. It's really painless. The toughest part will be finding a suitable box to ship the seat in.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed the shoehorn is a little distorted from normal use.

mine has been that way since the first time I took the seat off. It is caused by not having the "shoehorn" in the slot BEFORE sitting on it. DAMHIK :spank::spank:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FB400 "and while doing this I noticed the shoehorn is a little distorted from normal use."

Nothing normal about that use. U fakked up and put the seat on wrong and rode around on it like that. Def not normal use. Just sayin.....;)

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
As long as it still fits in place, I'd be good with that. Honestly. That area gets beat up anyway, and it's not like you can see it. So as long as it still works, I'm fine.

Just sayin.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks chomorro. No to seat lowering. I specifically told Spencer not to lower it. height is spot on for me and didn't want to change it

Oh ok, i need mine lowered. IM a shorty LOL.

How was this compared to the TS seat? TS seat way worth the money over the spencer mod?

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh ok, i need mine lowered. IM a shorty LOL.

How was this compared to the TS seat? TS seat way worth the money over the spencer mod?

I opted for the Spencer mod due to the cost of the TS and the issues others were having with the base breaking on shipping. I am very pleased with the Spencer mod, and I did have it lowered. Also had him take the tank lean out. It works great, no more pressure points.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I opted for the Spencer mod due to the cost of the TS and the issues others were having with the base breaking on shipping. I am very pleased with the Spencer mod, and I did have it lowered. Also had him take the tank lean out. It works great, no more pressure points.
\

Thats exactly what i want thank you. Im excited to get it done. :BLAA:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
\

Thats exactly what i want thank you. Im excited to get it done. :BLAA:

Given the choice of a second hand TS at a reasonable price or the Spencer seat I went with the former. Trouble is you won't find a second hand one that will last more than 8 minutes on this forum. I got lucky

Edit: The spencer seat has better padding than stock but it is still a firm seat compared to the TS. I used the spencer seat on my trip to Canada this past may. Did 1800 miles in 8 days. The spencer seat does the job pretty nicely. Still some tightness and numbing but I am getting up in years and had a prior low back injury. Honestly, NO seat is gonna cure that completly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.