Ascension day ride in Holland

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
On Thursday, Ascension day (hemelvaartsdag) Holland has a public holiday, I was wondering if anyone was interested in going for a ride somewhere between Utrecht and Nijmegen.
I have been looking at a couple of routes around this area and thinking of creating one ride from the following routes:

Mainly using a shortened version of this route:
Rondje dijken waal en maas

With a couple of edits including parts of the following routes
Dijk & Bos
Rondje Utrecht

What do you (Dutch & Belgian) guys think, are you up for a ride on Thursday and do you have any tips or local knowledge?

Last edited:

thulst

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Martin,

I of course will join you on your expedition of the south of Holland. I arranged that the coffee (or tea) will be ready at my place (Oss)

T.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Ton, that will be great. Don't know what time we'll be around Oss but I'll keep you updated when I've worked out a route :thumbup:

Rev-A

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a good idea!! I'll join :cheer: (except if the weather turns out to be really bad, rainy). Let me know where you guys start, I'll be coming from Eindhoven.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will not be able to be there. Enjoy your ride. :)

Shame you're not coming maybe another time.

Sounds like a good idea!! I'll join :cheer: (except if the weather turns out to be really bad, rainy). Let me know where you guys start, I'll be coming from Eindhoven.

Great, I'll let you know as soon as we have a departure point.

Andre (unseen) will also be coming he posted this in the social group: "I was looking at the maps, there are some nice roads from Zeist to Rhenen, I could guide you "free form" to there" so it sounds like we'll have a nice route down the "Utrechtseheuvelrug" :rockon:.

Last edited:

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Martin,

We could start from station Driebergen-Zeist. It's very close to the A12 so easy to access and find. There's a pancake restaurant across the street but that only opens at 11.00 so I can bring a thermoflask of coffee and some cookies.

:D

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well here's the route I made, it's 240Km's.

naamloos.jpg

Mapsource gave an error and closed down twice, once when I hadn't saved, Grrr.

It's still a concept but maybe Ton and Andre can give some constructive critisism :thumbup:

Andre I just put in a route from Zeist to Rehnen in, but let me know if your route is Km's longer.

Ton I think skipping around Nijmegen on the way back could save some time if the route is not that interesting, or if were running late.

I used the station Zeist/Driebergen as start/stop point but a cafe would be better, especially when waiting on people, I'll have a look tomorrow (today) and see if there might be somewhere on the A2 or A27 where we can meet up.
Really looking forward to going for a decent ride :cheer:

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sounds great! Nice to finally go for a ride with a group :)
It'll be great to finally meet you, see you tomorrow :thumbup:

Well here's the route I made, it's 240Km's.

naamloos.jpg

Mapsource gave an error and closed down twice, once when I hadn't saved, Grrr.

It's still a concept but maybe Ton and Andre can give some constructive critisism :thumbup:

Andre I just put in a route from Zeist to Rehnen in, but let me know if your route is Km's longer.

Ton I think skipping around Nijmegen on the way back could save some time if the route is not that interesting, or if were running late.

I used the station Zeist/Driebergen as start/stop point but a cafe would be better, especially when waiting on people, I'll have a look tomorrow (today) and see if there might be somewhere on the A2 or A27 where we can meet up.
Really looking forward to going for a decent ride :cheer:

Andre do you know anywhere else nearby that serves coffee at 0930?

Last edited:

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
Martin,

Looks good, the route I have in mind to Rhenen is not KM's longer, but it's nicer though :thumbup:

If you go from the A12 into Driebergen (the other direction than the station) there are some cafe's restaurants on that main road. They should be open by that time, so we could meet there.

thulst

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice route Martin. I am glad to be able to join you the whole ride.

If the route seems to be to long there are possibilities to shorten the route on a couple of places.

Nice meeting you guy's (again) tomorrow.

Rev-A

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good :) Looking forward to it.

Driebergen is 1 hour and 15 minutes away from where I live, what time frame do you guys want to meet up?

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What time will you be comming through Nijmegen?
I'd like to hook up when you cross the bridge (as I live in nijmegen..)
ride along untill about where the A15 meets Tiel, and head back from there.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Rendezvous tomorrow at 0930 at the Hotel Figi in zeist.
Take junction 20 off of the A12, 'Driebergen-Zeist' and head left towards Zeist at the bottom of the ramp. After a couple of Km's you are in zeist and there should be signs for "P-FIGI" (just off the main road).
See you there.

What time will you be comming through Nijmegen?
I'd like to hook up when you cross the bridge (as I live in nijmegen..)
ride along untill about where the A15 meets Tiel, and head back from there.

Tim we should be at the Waag in Nijmegen around 1300 but you know how these things can go so I will text you around 1200 to let you know how it's going :thumbup:

See you all tomorrow :rockon:

Rev-A

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm safely back home. Thanks everyone for the great ride, it was a beautiful route! Felt good to be driving with other Fazer owners :thumbup:

I'd never driven 320km in one day before, and now I know I really need a more comfy seat like Andre has; my butt hurt really bad the last 75km or so :(

Nice to meet you all, see you next time!

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm safely back home. Thanks everyone for the great ride, it was a beautiful route! Felt good to be driving with other Fazer owners :thumbup:

I'd never driven 320km in one day before, and now I know I really need a more comfy seat like Andre has; my butt hurt really bad the last 75km or so :(

Nice to meet you all, see you next time!

LoL well I'll be doing 650 km's in 1 day soon, maybe I should sit on a pillow or something :confused:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys I had a really great day out, nice ride some really good roads and great company. I'll post a write up and pics later today (after work) I was really tired when I got home last night so I just took it easy and went to bed :eek:.