Attempting to paint wheels

Pedalbike

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
I have a 2004 fz-6 with silver wheels and have been looking into painting them myself.
I have most of what I need to do planned out but have seen mention of needing new rotor bolts after removing the stock ones. Is this true?
This is my first time working on the bike and would like for it to go as smoothly as possible. Is there anything else I should know before I get into this?
Any advice is extremely appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris

YZF73

Reaction score
Visit site
In my previous experience with these rotor bolts, I would definitely advise replacement as the material is rather... soft, and prone to rounding off. When removing the old ones, make sure that the hex key you use to remove them is a good, snug fit, and take some care so as not to round them off.

Couple of other things to bear in mind, make sure that after removing the rotors, you mask up the surfaces they mount against on the wheel, otherwise you'll likely have to remove excess paint afterwards to ensure the discs seat properly against the wheel again.

I'm sure you are already aware of this anyway, but make sure you also mask up the wheel bearings, and valve stem.

Hope this helps,

Yamahaboyz