Austin area ride Sunday, 9/25

D

Dave.TX

Howdy! I'll be going on a ride with some friends (they ride Harley's) this Sunday. Tentatively going to meet at the HEB at 183 and 2243 in Leander, the time isn't set just yet but probably 9:00am.

The ride should take us up to Liberty Hill where we'll hit RR 1869 westward and head through the hill country to Marble Falls, then south and eventually make it to Luckenbach. The ride from HEB to Luckenback is around 90 miles.

Two of the guys work for DPS and used to patrol the hill country for 15 years or so and know all the back roads that are good to ride. I work for Travis County so if you're allergic to cops then I guess you'll miss the ride. :BLAA:

I'll be heading out from Elgin on that morning, should take me about 45 minutes or so to get to Leander. Hope someone can join us!

D

Dave.TX

Fo sho. Supposed to be in the 90's and mostly sunny. The ride should take us through Balcones Canyons National Wildlife Refuge, Marble Falls, Round Mountain and Stonewall. Maybe jaunt up to Fredericksburg while we're out that way, maybe not. Don't know the route home but could stay south and go through Johnson City and Pedernales Falls State Park. We'll see. I'll have my GPS so at least will know where we're at. Having only traveled the major roads I'll get lost following someone on small county roads and such.

:iconbeer:

D

Dave.TX

The plan now is to meet at the Jim's at the Y in Oak Hill around 9:30. So far it's just two of us. We'll be riding small back roads on our way to Luckenbach and coming back through Blanco. I have a birthday party to go to in Driftwood at the Salt Lick BBQ this evening so will be staying in the area.

Kinda last minute notice but if anyone wants to join meet us at Jim's in Oak Hill around 9:30.