Austin Tech Day and BBQ, Saturday June 6

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Announcing the First Ever Austin Texas FZ6 Tech Day!

When: Saturday June 6. 11:00 AM

Where: Fred's house
12346 Little Emily Way
Austin, TX 78753

What: A tech day is a chance to learn how to work on your bike. You can volunteer to teach something. You can volunteer your bike as a demonstrator and get work done on it for free. Or you can just show up and watch.

Tentative agenda:
How to bleed brakes starting with an empty system.
How to change the oil.
How to synch throttle bodies.
Airbox mod shootout. Bring your modified airbox and/or air filter and let's get some real numbers.

The agenda is flexible, and if you want to learn how to do something, we can probably make it happen.

I'm also going to fire up the backyard grill, so there will be burgers and beers.

One last thing: This is NOT a ride. We'll be wrenching on bikes all day, so there probably won't be time to go anywhere.

I'll need to keep track of attendees, so if you'll be coming, post up in this thread. If you want to learn a specific thing, post up in this thread. First posters get first dibs on the air conditioned garage with motorcycle lift. Late comers will be stuck working in the driveway. :eek:

Last edited:

aggiehiker

Reaction score
Visit site
I should be back from my trip in time for this:rockon:

I am down, too bad it is not earlier, I need to put on my new stainless brake lines today lol.

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a plan. But is it the 6th or 7th ;)
I don't need to do anything on my bike but I'd be happy to hang out and shoot the bull :thumbup:

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy Cow! I just mapquested how far that would be for me to satisfy my curiosity. Sometimes you forget how big the US is. Over 23 hours!!! LOL I was thinking well maybe later in the summer I would skip on down for the "second" tech day and do my fork mod.

Anybody close should get in on this as there is a lot of knowledge to be gained from other forum members/bike owners.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I updated the first post in the thread with time and location.

Right now, I'm planning to use my own FZ6 as the demonstrator bike. But, if you want an oil change, your throttle bodies synched, or your brake fluid changed, give me a shout and we can use your bike instead. Just bring the supplies and get the work done for free!

A

Aggietaco

Crap, I guess you miss things when you don't log onto the forums for 3 months.

How did this go? We could have used my bike as an oil change demo, that's on the agenda for me tomorrow.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We had a good time. Small gathering. Fred fed us 1/2 lbs hamburgers and cherry tomatoes from his garden and we ended up BS'ing for a few hours. :thumbup:

His K75 Turbo monster is looking good! :D

Fred cracked open a brand new copy of Sim City 2000 for my son to play, and my eight year old quickly commented, "the graphics suck". Spoiled XBox brat....