auto exhausts on fz6?

jcbarr318

Reaction score
Visit site
have seen where some guys have dropped cherry bombs,etc. into other bikes. has anyone ever put some type of car/truck can on fz? just cant find the right note I'm looking for. Specifically looking for better flow,weight reduction, and some sound change. Kind of like BOS from youtube clips.
Hard to tell though. Have heard TB and Scorps in person.

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
never seen a motorcycle with a cherry bomb on it. i know people like to tinker but give me a break. i dont see the point when there are dozens of aftermarket pipes.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
there have been talks of people doing it, but for the logistics of it, i think that most people end up juist buying a "real" exhaust for it.

KBrink

Reaction score
Visit site
I know the thread is alittle old, but "the point" is alot of poeple do not have $450-$1000 to spend on "real" exhaust. What they do have is some extra time on their hands (like me, some not working alot right now) and want to change the sound of their pipe. You can do this Cherry Bomb style mod for around $30, with alittle ingenuity and the balls to do your own thing. I've done this mod and it works and sounds great! Look at thread "$20 exhaust mod" :thumbup:

KBrink

Reaction score
Visit site
It is a very small, compact & loud car/truck muffler, that is identical in size to our stock fz6 muffler. Its kinda poor/short video but its worth a watch. :thumbup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLAlSEWC0zY]YouTube - fz6 with $20 cherry bomb turbo muffler[/ame]

S

Shamus McFeeley

Why not just weld an empty can of creamed corn to the end of your exhaust pipe?

Twitch

Elite Pimp
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
search utube. theres a guy on there who put a carbon fiber exhaust from a car on his bike. it can be done. He had an r1 tail on it

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
to the OP:

I think you should go for it.. what do you have to lose, $20?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLAlSEWC0zY&feature=email&email=comment_reply_received]YouTube - fz6 with $20 cherry bomb turbo muffler[/ame]

Ignore people who tell you you can't do something.

And post lots of photos of how it is done.

alkinoos

Reaction score
Visit site
You can find small cheap cans in ebay with 40 US dollars and with the proper pipework you can have a cheap exhaust system.