Axio tailbag addition, and super high tech addition.

saveitk

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to say, this Axio tailbag is SO nice.. very nice quality. Seems top notch. I scored it for $109 thru compacc.com using a coupon code I found online.

I also added this super high tech garage opener.. :) a little velcro goes along way.. could it be the answer to everything? :)

Oh, and a new battery today too... had to do a rolling jump the other day.

Also, you can see me new tall windscreen, love it.

Enjoy!

But your BBQ is red colour? does not match the bike?? :cheer:Just kidding. If I knew about these I would have bought it before a tank bag i did.

I have the same tailbag. Be careful, you will start getting scuff marks as you hit the bag with your boots when you mount onto the bike.

You think the outer shell is one piece of hard rubber, but it's actually a very thin outer lining and any friction against the outer shell will rip.

Looks great, nifty little bag. :)

Hey, that speedometer is pretty cool. Is that stock on some FZ6s? I see that particular one often enough to think that it's stock on some model, but it's not on mine.

Looks great, nifty little bag. :)

Hey, that speedometer is pretty cool. Is that stock on some FZ6s? I see that particular one often enough to think that it's stock on some model, but it's not on mine.
That's the 04-06 model. 07+ get a different one.

Yup, I've got one too. I don't care that, as do some others I see around, I don't have "kitchen sink" storage with my Axio. I'm not a heavy luggage type person.

For those of you with tail bag, how do you mount the bag -- life leg very high? or do you "thread" your leg through the lowest/middle section?

I think I had a tail bag on another bike and I remember it was an effort to lift that high esp. with the heavy boots. It's an effort mostly because I wanted to completely clear the bag and not kick it or scratch it. Dismounting meant lefting the leg and doing kind of a rear leg lift (the one they use to work your butt) to get off.

Maybe I should never have given up Martial Arts.

Thanks,

Dennis

For those of you with tail bag, how do you mount the bag -- life leg very high? or do you "thread" your leg through the lowest/middle section?

I think I had a tail bag on another bike and I remember it was an effort to lift that high esp. with the heavy boots. It's an effort mostly because I wanted to completely clear the bag and not kick it or scratch it. Dismounting meant lefting the leg and doing kind of a rear leg lift (the one they use to work your butt) to get off.

Thanks,

Dennis

I leap onto the bike from the back like in the old cowboy movies, pop a wheelie and ride into the sunset.

Or I just pick my leg up higher or thread it in between... depends on the day.

I put my left foot on the left peg and swing my right leg over. At 5'5", it's not easy to get my leg over my tailbag, but this technique works great.

I remember watching my dad try to get on his goldwing - it was hilarious! Same height as me, he would grab his right ankle with his right hand and pull his foot as close to his butt as he could, then thrust his knee and lower leg over the seat. I was always waiting for him to sprain something - his body just did not want to be doing that motion.

Thanks,

Dennis

Try stepping up on the peg first. You'll find another 6 or 8 inches of height. :)

I'm 6 ft tall and have a Cortech Sport Tail Bag. I just lift my right let up and throw it over. I do at times catch the bag with my foot, but now that I am more use to it I rarely catch it. It was a bit of a stretch at first, but now I can do it and not really have it bother me.

What is benifit of tail bag over tank bag?

My T bag is magnetic - so it's super easy to take with me (has a safety strap but I havn't used that for about the last 2-3 bikes)

It has a zip on second story for long hauls and it's good for leaning on while you ride.

I just can't see how the tail bag is better.

So that's you in your avatar photo? ;)

I put my left foot on the left peg and swing my right leg over. At 5'5", it's not easy to get my leg over my tailbag, but this technique works great.

I remember watching my dad try to get on his goldwing - it was hilarious! Same height as me, he would grab his right ankle with his right hand and pull his foot as close to his butt as he could, then thrust his knee and lower leg over the seat. I was always waiting for him to sprain something - his body just did not want to be doing that motion.

The last straw for me was when I put the bag on my tank only to see I had a pair of scissors stuck to the magnet....:disapprove:

My T bag is magnetic - so it's super easy to take with me (has a safety strap but I havn't used that for about the last 2-3 bikes)

It has a zip on second story for long hauls and it's good for leaning on while you ride.

For me, this is the thought process:

1. I always felt like my tank bag was in my way. I like having my storage behind me, and just tank in front of me.
2. I have a gas cap camera mount that won't allow me to use a tank bag at the same time.
3. Dust and dirt particles trapped between the tank bag and gas tank can cause scratches due to micro motion of the bag. I cleaned it religiously and didn't get scratches, but was always worried about it.
4. I was afraid to transport my laptop in my tankbag because I wasn't sure if the strong magnets used to keep the bag on the tank would wipe the hard drive.
5. It got to be too cumbersome to remove the bag to get gas.

My tail bag is as easy to remove as my tank bag was - it attaches with bungee hooks.

Not saying that tail bags are superior to tank bags; everyone is going to have a different preference. This is just my personal take on it.

I leap onto the bike from the back like in the old cowboy movies, pop a wheelie and ride into the sunset.

:rof:

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll try that standing on the peg technique or I'll just keep practicing my side kick until I can comfortably get my leg that high

Dennis

I remember watching my dad try to get on his goldwing - it was hilarious! Same height as me, he would grab his right ankle with his right hand and pull his foot as close to his butt as he could, then thrust his knee and lower leg over the seat.

On my cruiser, I installed a backrest and when I have all my Winter gear on, that's what I did :D. It's awkward but works.

Dennis

Back