Back from SF in a hurry

LASAGNA

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I got back from a trip from SD to SF with my just purchased 06 FZ6 with 17K miles.

On the way to go, I stopped to LA for couple days and then finished my arrival to SF.
Unfortunately on my way back from SF, I was in a hurry to get to San Diego quick as was possible and that mean keep a high cruise speed and trying to stay in top of the bike longer as I could.. To don't give bad example, is better if I don't tell what my cruise speed was...
However, everything changed as soon I got in the LA County. The entire traffic was stuck moving at 10 mph.. It was like that from LA all way down to SD and I practically zig-zag cars for 127 miles... Ridiculous :rant:

The BAD:
1) The vibrations on the handlebar is crazy and all the nerves in my hands were asleep in the first 30, 40 minutes of riding :(
2) The windshield is like doesn’t exist, actually, if it is detouring some wind, it all goes straight in your face and body :(
3) The seat is HORRIBLE... The omg seat of the FZ6 is the worthy ever.. I never had been in such uncomfortable seat in any other bikes... I also think that it gets hot or what ever, but my ass was in fire :(:(:(

The GOOD:
1) The riding position of the FZ6 (as you all know) is great, no too much bend over but enough to hold the speed :thumbup:and honestly if someone like takes long trips, I will advice to stay away from the R6 or the R1.
2) No doubt that the FZ6 has enough power for any trip. The engine is very flexible and spin like a perfect synchronized clock, love it :thumbup:
3) In general the FZ6 is one of the better choice bikes out there for the price. Love it again!! :thumbup:

Ciao to all

dstaffx

Reaction score
Visit site
1) The vibrations on the handlebar is crazy and all the nerves in my hands were asleep in the first 30, 40 minutes of riding :(
:

Ciao to all

Does it have the original bar ends on it or are they after market. My bars don't vibrate at all with the original bar ends.
Also what about the wheel balance and tyre pressures.

:thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those comments fall perfectly in line with what pretty much everyone says about these bikes. All the bad items on the list are addressable with minimal investment.