Back tire feels like it's sliding

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Cold tires do not stick as well, as you know.
My first response was what Canadian fz6 said. On my bike just one psi is VERY noticeable on the front tire and three psi are noticeable on the rear.

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
Cold tires do not stick as well, as you know.
My first response was what Canadian fz6 said. On my bike just one psi is VERY noticeable on the front tire and three psi are noticeable on the rear.

I kind of have a long history of not noticing mechanical things, so I'm guessing you're much more in tune with your bike than I am. In my case, the "sliding" turned out to be a bump/dip in the road. We get them here in the fall, and they go away in the spring. I'd just never noticed that one before because this is the first year I've ridden over it on a bike.

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree that cold tires do not stick but Im not a believer in that "mold release" theory. We run brand new tires (street and race compounds) at the track and never have a problem. I've heard people say it can take up to 100+ miles to "scrub" in tires. I ran Dunlop street tires brand new and never once felt them slip. Look at racers they run it wide open on brand new tires with all the nipples still on them.