battery relocating

biff101

Reaction score
Visit site
I cant believe I found the battery under the tank, Went to put a charger on it for the cold winter. Anyone put it under the seat?? doesn't look too hard.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+100 ^^^^^

Moving the battery for a simple "fix", IMO, is a waste and more of a project, if even possible.

I wired a "Powerlet" BMW style outlet DIRECT (fused) to the battery so I can use the outlet to charge the battery,( plug in heated gear, air compressor, etc).

Very convenient and neat install:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Depending on one's needs getting the battery lower would help lower the the bikes Center of Gravity (CG) making it slightly more responsive.Taking that a step further; Perhaps the ideal place would be over the swing arm pivot bolt and then ditch the under tail exhaust for the same reason (to lower the CG) and run a shorty side exhaust!

That said, the easy path would be a battery not made of lead but I'm off topic as access and weight distribution are two different things...
But while we're moving the battery, changing the exhaust, changing the tail section - now you have room for a proper air box and maybe try to feed it some outside air! :/

Last edited: