beginners bike?

Rebuilt

EX Fazer still love em !
Reaction score
Visit site
i maybe wrong here but can you not just slightly lean so atleast 1 foot is down ?

I test rode a honda varedao 1000 not to long ago ( very nice ) and stood upright i was on tip toe and im 6.1 :rolleyes:
but leaned very slightly n 1 foot was on floor ok other touching floor still and bike was more than stable :thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Geez! Tthats going to be tough, seriously, I am out of options, ohohoh, what foot wear did you take up there? Maybe you need the right pair.of shoes or boots to get you a couple of inches. Please don't think I am making fun of you just kinda lame to be put out of riding because of your height slight disadvantage.

Excellent point. Women specific boots can have 1" + of lift.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i maybe wrong here but can you not just slightly lean so atleast 1 foot is down ?

I test rode a honda varedao 1000 not to long ago ( very nice ) and stood upright i was on tip toe and im 6.1 :rolleyes:
but leaned very slightly n 1 foot was on floor ok other touching floor still and bike was more than stable :thumbup:

Sure you can, if you're an experienced rider. For someone who's never ridden a bike before, this is a an almost guaranteed way to drop the bike a bunch of times.

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
You can see my boots here. I don't think they're different from the men's boots, just made for smaller feet.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
No, it's okay. He spent a few weeks on a 750.

He's good.

I had maybe 20 miles on my brothers 250 ninja, bought a fz6 with 14 miles on it. It has 11k now, no issues. Its all about how you go about learnng and not just jumpin on it and hauling ass. Yes I have my erc and msrc.

FZ6PURPLE

Reaction score
Visit site
I will try to post a pic as soon as I can. They suggested for me to go to a yamaha store in town to find out what they will recommend that fits me. The bike they use on the course is a buell blast and I was wearing 4" high heels, I'm pretty short!! :D Well! we'll see what I can find and hopefully I can start learning soon!!!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will try to post a pic as soon as I can. They suggested for me to go to a yamaha store in town to find out what they will recommend that fits me. The bike they use on the course is a buell blast and I was wearing 4" high heels, I'm pretty short!! :D Well! we'll see what I can find and hopefully I can start learning soon!!!

Wow.. that's all they had? We have Honda Nighthawks, Honda Rebels, Yamaha TWs, Suzuki DR200s, and a whole lot of Suzuki GN125s. Lowered GN125 is the lowest of the bunch.

Everything's bigger in Texas, huh?

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
This might seem like a no-brainer, but when we're talking about wearing tall-heeled boots for riding, let's just make it clear we're talking about protective boots, not fashion boots or pumps or anything like that. We all want you to be safe. :D

FZ6PURPLE

Reaction score
Visit site
I know I can wear fashion heels on a motorcycle (thank you for the advise of course I do appreciate it and the instructor made it clear too :) ) but I went there after work and I was trying to make a point on how tall the bike was for me, pretty heavy too. And yes I am the exception on EVERYTHING IS BIGGER IN TEXAS!!! Hahaha! :)

Last edited:

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Stilettos, pumps, on the six LOL kinda like that one song from a long time ago. Hahaha. No? Guess im just lame. :rolleyes:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you considered a scooter maybe to learn the basics on then move up to something taller after you feel more comfortable?

FZ6PURPLE

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes the instructor recommended a scooter too, the problem is that I wont learn how to use the clutch and brakes, but I guess it will be my last resource, but then... I do not want to buy a scooter!!!:( I will try to go this weekend to the yamaha store and see what they recommend. The only thing is that I was hoping to learn and then buy!! :( of course I will look for a used one as you all suggested! :D. Thanks for all your help you guys well appreciated 0;)

nixter

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the FZ6 as my first bike and it's been great! My only complaint is the "jerk" on initial throttle application. The G2 throttle tamer has helped but not alleviated the issue.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
At 98lbs any bike will be a beast for such a small rider. A ninja 250, or 500 with a 98lb rider will do 100mph, and fly off the line like a rocket.

I'm just curious why she would like a 425lbs FZ as hear 1st bike, and not as a second bike.

I'm look forward to photos of her on a 400lbs bike at the dealer. It will be cool to see if after sitting on a mid size bike, if she'll still wants one. If so then more power too her. It will be a great read on this forum.:rockon:

It's bad enough out on the street looking out for people trying to kill you, and to take on 1st time 400lbs bike with power will make it that much more fun.:rockon: That's very brave and will be a great story for other new rider when you pull it off.:cheer:

Buy great gear, ride smart, and good luck.:thumbup:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are the reasons i specifically wanted the FZ as my first bike:

-600cc's (been racing dirt since i was little, 250-450cc's isnt enough for the street, especially touring) 1000cc's is too much and insurance is high

-Looks, the half fairing gives the bike a mean look while the naked part yields a technicality thats downright sexy

-The riding position is a little more upright and since i tend to go on quite a few longer rides (4+ hours) that is nice.

-Low maintenance is key, Hondas are boring, Suzukis never did much for me, and green is not my color.

I dont blame anybody for wanting an FZ, its a great bike.