Bent front stay

aproccos

Reaction score
Visit site
I am thinking that my front stay is bent after my son laid bike down (he is fine.) How to tell for sure? The distance between the forks and the front plastic is different (i.e. not symmetrical) Is there another way to tell if it is bent? If it is bent, it is only a little... Can I just 'straighten' it? What is best way to straighten it?

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am thinking that my front stay is bent after my son laid bike down (he is fine.) How to tell for sure? The distance between the forks and the front plastic is different (i.e. not symmetrical) Is there another way to tell if it is bent? If it is bent, it is only a little... Can I just 'straighten' it? What is best way to straighten it?

Can you post some pics? Maybe with a yard stick next to it on each side? I'm sure you can remove everything and bend it back. It may be a bit weaker afterward. Check Ron Ayers Motorsports - Motorcycle, ATV, Jet Ski and Generators Parts and Accessories for pricing on a new part. They are very cheap in most cases... better than visiting the dealer anyway.

Show us and we can help. ;)

aproccos

Reaction score
Visit site
Check out phoenixpowersports.com
They are lower on the few parts that I checked.
I will take some measurements/post some pictures when I get a chance.
It is possible that the only thing wrong is the bracket that holds the rear of the cowl is bent. I will check that.