Best helmet for people who wear glasses...

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been using an AGV Miglia Modular helmet for awhile now and it's been great (little grooves on the sides to hold your glasses), but dear lord there is absolutely ZERO wind flow through the thing.

I know a lot of people like Scorpion helmets; just wanted to try and get a recommendation on another one that may suit me better for this summer heat!

Thanks,

-Nick

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
I like my HJC holds my glasses pretty well and I have the one with the retractable tinted shield so I don't have to carry to sets of glasses.

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I like my HJC holds my glasses pretty well and I have the one with the retractable tinted shield so I don't have to carry to sets of glasses.

Awesome, I'll check out the modular helmets from that company. I never knew if those glasses shields would come down and knock into regular glasses or not. Looks like they don't!

Do you know off the top of your head what model you have?

Thanks for your response.

-Nick

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Shoei RF1100 flows a ton of air and isn't that loud. When I don't have my contacts in, it has nice little slits for my glasses. I mean, it's almost like the wind is blowing in your hair, so much air flows through it, but it shuts off tight enough that no air will flow come wintertime.

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
Shoei RF1100 flows a ton of air and isn't that loud. When I don't have my contacts in, it has nice little slits for my glasses. I mean, it's almost like the wind is blowing in your hair, so much air flows through it, but it shuts off tight enough that no air will flow come wintertime.

Just looked up this helmet and it got fantastic reviews. Cool it has slits for glasses even though it's not modular. Definitely going to check this one out in person and try it on.

Thanks!

-Nick

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I have the HJC SY-Max II think that is the popular one. Great with glasses but I don't think the ventilation is that great.

Someone told me the Schuberth C3 is great with glasses, cool, light and quiet. But it cost $700us.

Shiny_side_up

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 for the RF1100. My theory was that I'd rather find glasses that fit a good helmet than a helmet that fit my glasses. That said, I don't recommend wire armed frameless glasses with a helmet. You always feel like you're going to break them sliding them into place. I have a pair of prescription sunglasses that I normally use when I'm riding that fit inside my RF1100 just fine.

You *may* find the RF1100 a little noisy, depending on what you're used to, but I wear ear protection anyway so I don't notice it (though I do notice the airflow. You can feel the cool air hitting your scalp and it's quite nice)

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
I think mine is the HJC FS-10, full face with retractable tinted visor. I wore it yesterday and was over 95 degrees and didn't have much problem with heat. Also with the retractable visor if you get hot you can lift up the main visor and leave the second down.

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an Icon Speedmetal helmet decent airflow and my glasses stay put. I have a mirror shield and carry my clear shield in my seatbag if I stay out past dark. The shields are easily interchangable. I really enjoy this helmet.

fazed_ya

Reaction score
Visit site
I have hjc cl-16 bought the helmet just because of the glasses problem. Plus it has a pin loc visor which means no fogging up!!!!

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
You *may* find the RF1100 a little noisy, depending on what you're used to, but I wear ear protection anyway so I don't notice it (though I do notice the airflow. You can feel the cool air hitting your scalp and it's quite nice)

Well, no helmet is quiet per se, and there are a few quieter than the 1100, but compared to the scorpion EXO-1000 I had it's a quiet night in on a lake in there.

And the EXO broke a pair of glasses I had. Broke the earpieces right off. So I dipped the ends in rubber and it still warped them so much one of the lenses broke. Now my 1100 has slits at eyeglass level, and the softer lining doesn't torque the glasses at all. Even the skimpy wire frames I wear. Shoot if I have my contacts in, and I decide to pack my sunglasses (as they're smaller than a visor), and I need to get back on base, I can pull my sunglasses on and off easily while riding.

ssmotorcycle

The Emmy Winning Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep! I wear glasses and I have three Scorpions. Comfy! Comfy! Now my dad is in the same boat, but his glasses don't fit the Scorpion as well. We compared and found that the stem of his glasses that go around and behind the ear is longer and steaper. Mine do not angle down as much behind the ear as his do. Hope this helps.

I will gladly send you a photo of my glasses if you wish to [email protected]

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Shoei XR1000/1100 (XF to you guys).

My glasses are Oakley - straight metal arm. Slide right into the groove in the padding :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
The new shark helmets have a little piece of foam that pulls out made for glasses. Works great from the few I have tried. And a mate has tried them with his glasses and he reckons it's really comfy.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Rf1000 are like the rf1100, as they have the same slit in it. They are the older model, and you can find them cheaper, and they have great air flow. I've been looking at replacing my rf1000 with the rf1100 or the exo500.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk