Best New Gear EVER made

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently bought a cooling vest for riding in warm weather. I kept putting off giving it a try. I was concerned about it turning into a wet t-shirt contest. lol. I wore a black t-shirt just in case. After lunch, I went into the ladies bathroom and socked it in the sink (I know....eewww....) I put it on. Not too cold on certain parts as I feared. As we got riding, it was amazing. The cooling was throughout my body even though it only covered my core. LOVING it!!!! Don't leave home without it!:cheer::thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
[MENTION=23659]Verharen[/MENTION] has something like that, that she says is really great. It's pretty warm in SoCal these days so that might be a option for me. Right now I'm using a heat-out compression type shirt that sucks up my sweat and when I move for air flow it cools me. :)

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love my vest. If it's cool in the morning I soak it, fold it and put in a gallon ziplock bag until I need it. That way, it's ready to go even if I'm in the middle of nowhere. I also use the "Perfect" brand cool towel around my neck. Sometimes one, sometimes the other, & sometimes both. I usually wear an under armor type shirt.

Also, I have both the "cool-out" shirt & leggings from Cycle gear, but I prefer my Rev-it brand set that I got from Revzilla. It was more expensive, but it's more comfortable and seems to work better at keeping me cool.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a cooling vest as well and years ago, tried it on a 2.5 hour ride to Tampa, in the summer, on my old Goldwing (lots of wind protection).

I was really surprised how well it worked, especially with an armored (black, vented jacket).

For any LD, hot rides, its well worth it and not expensive at all...

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How to stay dry (under armor) and how to stay wet (cooling vest) its so confusing! :rolleyes:

Do the cooling vests leach moisture onto surrounding gear, jacket etc? Tks

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If its not too much trouble, could you guys link to the products you're praising? I didn't even know about these.

:thumbup:

This is what I have;

Silver Eagle Outfitters Comfort Apparel and Cooling Vests

IME, I can safely say, it feels like the outside temp has dropped approx 10 degress F, that's with a Black Hein Gericke mesh jacket, all armor inside.

quote=FinalImpact;595497]How to stay dry (under armor) and how to stay wet (cooling vest) its so confusing! :rolleyes:

Do the cooling vests leach moisture onto surrounding gear, jacket etc? Tks[/quote]

Here ya go;
Silver Eagle Cooling Vest - webBikeWorld

Last edited:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a cooling vest, works great for the first hour but on long rides when the moisture is gone it's like wearing another layer of insulation. Didn't care for it that much. I just bring water and soak the underarmor shirt and enjoy the cooling for a while.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed ^^^.

I found it works the best if on every gas stop, re-soak it as your taking care bathroom breaks...

I only wore it for about an hour for the trip home and it stayed cool. I put it outside in the shade (90 degree day and we are very dry here in Reno - less than 20% humidity) to dry. It was still moist when I brought it in at dark (6 hours later). I hung it up in my exercise room (good use of the stair stepper - lol) It was still damp in the morning. I guess with the wind from riding it might dry faster. I guess I'll have to try it out again this weekend. Heading out for day trips Saturday and Sunday. :rockon: Only thing getting me through the work week....

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Chill-Its-6665-Evaporative-Cooling-Vest/dp/B002BDU3QA/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1409717107&sr=1-1&keywords=cooling+vest"]Amazon.com: Chill-Its 6665 Evaporative Cooling Vest: Home Improvement[/ame]

This is what I bought. It's really for construction workers but I liked it for riding. My hubby got one from Cycle Gear first. "I didn't think you got hot on rides" he says. Really??? I'm 48 years old. Every hear of hormones!!! Men! So, I got my own.