Bike back from the shop, and i'm pissed- $89 for a tire change...

blah blah

oh geeeeze

Please don't put words on my mouth...you're not making sense and embarrasing yourself.

A large shop in a podunk town in upstate NY that sells expensive ATVs and snowmobiles and motorcycles into a podunk economy to people that should be doing somethign else with their money but can't resist financiing shiny toys at powersports interest rates AND that boomed during the credit bubble and shrunk when the correction happened is hardly a sob story. The typical podunk person in upstate NY has no business making such purchases and generally wouldn't be able to without easy financing (I would know, I grew up off exit 16 of the Northway). Many business were propped up by rampent consumerism and have now gone by the way side when the bubble popped. That's business. It's not guranteed. Times change...non one should feel sorry for themselves or angry with others because they didn't anticipate the change fast enough and/or don't want to change with the times. Go start a new business...one that makes sense in your market.

:thumbup:

Bottom line is that the service of changing one motorcycle tire on an FZ6 in upstate NY is not worth $89. It's just not. There is no way around that....there is no debate to be had. I wounldn't say a shop is morally wrong for making that their price, they are simply not going to get my business and it will make me wonder WTF they are thinking.

Don't try to teach me about sarcasm, I am the master. Just because they charge you if you fart in public in the US doesn't mean it happens everywhere else. If you don't want opinions from others, don't post in the first place.

Just curious, what gives you the impression one cannot fart with our receiving a bill here? Curious to know...perhaps you lived here or have ready many threads such as this one. But FYI, you over paid (by US standards) for your rear tire and mount. :) Just joshing...

It's called sarcasm.

Yes he was being sarcastic/funny, but Andz asked what his point was.

Last edited:
Just curious, what gives you the impression one cannot fart with our receiving a bill here? Curious to know...perhaps you lived here or have ready many threads such as this one. But FYI, you over paid (by US standards) for your rear tire and mount. :) Just joshing...

It's called sarcasm.... :spank:

Amazing how quickly things go off track huh? The thread started about a complaint about the cost of FITTING a tyre, now it is about what the tyre actually cost.

Fitting and balancing cost nothing. Not a loose wheel, I rode the bike to the shop.

oh geeeeze

Please don't put words on my mouth...you're not making sense and embarrasing yourself.

A large shop in a podunk town in upstate NY that sells expensive ATVs and snowmobiles and motorcycles into a podunk economy to people that should be doing somethign else with their money but can't resist financiing shiny toys at powersports interest rates AND that boomed during the credit bubble and shrunk when the correction happened is hardly a sob story. The typical podunk person in upstate NY has no business making such purchases and generally wouldn't be able to without easy financing (I would know, I grew up off exit 16 of the Northway). Many business were propped up by rampent consumerism and have now gone by the way side when the bubble popped. That's business. It's not guranteed. Times change...non one should feel sorry for themselves or angry with others because they didn't anticipate the change fast enough and/or don't want to change with the times. Go start a new business...one that makes sense in your market.

Bottom line is that the service of changing one motorcycle tire on an FZ6 in upstate NY is not worth $89. It's just not. There is no way around that....there is no debate to be had. I wounldn't say a shop is morally wrong for making that their price, they are simply not going to get my business and it will make me wonder WTF they are thinking.

Couldnt have put it better. Bravo.

P.S. All the cries of "class warfare" we are hearing about in the media today because of raising taxes on the richest 1% are utter horsepucky. When we bailed out the banks we made those richest people in the country whole again monetarily. Average joe was hung out to dry while his tax dollars went in to the pockets of CEOs and hedge fund managers. If we raise taxes we would literally be getting our own tax payer dollars back from the people we handed it to years ago. Biggest BS sham I ever saw. Trying to convince us little people that we got a "W" when it passes. ugh.

Don't try to teach me about sarcasm, I am the master. Just because they charge you if you fart in public in the US doesn't mean it happens everywhere else. If you don't want opinions from others, don't post in the first place.

Wow. Who pissed in your corn flakes?

It's called sarcasm.... :spank:

Amazing how quickly things go off track huh? The thread started about a complaint about the cost of FITTING a tyre, now it is about what the tyre actually cost.

Fitting and balancing cost nothing. Not a loose wheel, I rode the bike to the shop.

haha :thumbup: I know you don't REALLY think there is a tax on farting. :BLAA: Let me restate: on what do you base your apparent perception that the US has lots of fees and charges and taxes built into its system as compared to other places?

I find that reading this thread goes down a lttle better with an ice cold Coors light nearby. Cans come in the "two-stage cold activation can."

oh geeeeze

How am I embarrassing myself? Really? Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean I am wrong! That is the story, I lived it from age 10-present. Just because it is a Podunk town doesn't mean there isn't people with money. A vast majority weren't locals that bought from my dad. Many were from Jersey, PA etc. they have hunting cabins nearby. also they come up from the cities to retire. You would be the one embarrassing yourself to try and say something that I lived is not true, if you weren't there then you really don't know. I offered reasons why they may have charged what they charged, that's all it was. I even stated that I thought it was high. As far as expensive The Grizzly was $7500, the Viper was the best selling snowmobile, they were $8,000 and built numerous ones into big bores that cost in the range of $4,000 more each out the door. Motorcycles sold many Roadstars were somewhere around $11,000. Yamaha and Honda were known to be the most expensive manufactures that produce all of the above. My father was also a Bobcat dealer... When the economy tanked many of those city people stopped buying machines or even coming up anymore. Many of them that would have their machines repaired before would just let them sit there and rot because they couldn't afford it.

Last edited:
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Hey guys, saw that this thread is still going and i thought i'd pop in and let you all know that i'm over it ;)

I got ripped off, but let's not start a Forum-War about why the price was what it was or why it's unethical etc :thumbup:

I think that you might have set a record for creating a topic with the most post in the shortest time... lol

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

haha :thumbup: I know you don't REALLY think there is a tax on farting. :BLAA: Let me restate: on what do you base your apparent perception that the US has lots of fees and charges and taxes built into its system as compared to other places?

LOL nothing about perception, just that when people complain about costs of things we get for nothing, or think that 200 bucks is a bargain for things we get for nothing, opinions form.

I had 2 tires put on at the local shop the other day for a total of $131.00. I purchased the tires ahead of time, dropped them off at the shop the night before, and rode in, it too awhile and ended up costing way more than its worth, but they re-aligned my rear wheel/ tightened the chain and the vibration at 5k-7k rpms has gone away. So overall, i need to buy a tire changer and start doing these changes myself in order to save money and time.

Back