pjaco

Reaction score
www.jacobsen.cn
OK
The bike is ready for summer with some new things on it.:D
New windshield from Yamaha.
New seat from Corbin.
New lower fairings from Yamaha.
Xenon lights. (I dont know how legal this is but it is better been seen out there):D
I have to get 2 new parking lights.
Was about 850 miles last year with this an hopefully it will be more this year.

Last edited:

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
hi!

can you give me some guidance how to fit the lower fairings on? take some close up pics of possible? thanks?

i am having some problem with fitting them on.. these are the bolts, nuts, etc i have.
clicky

pjaco

Reaction score
www.jacobsen.cn
Yamaha mounted this on for me when they took 10 000 km service before i took it out after the winter.
But if you want some close up pictures i can take some and post here.:D

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha mounted this on for me when they took 10 000 km service before i took it out after the winter.
But if you want some close up pictures i can take some and post here.:D
please do, especially where the brackets top 4 brackets i have are mounted and the 2 flat plates as well.
IMAGE_472.jpg

pjaco

Reaction score
www.jacobsen.cn
Hello :D
I paid about 7000,- NOK and this will be around 1178,- USD
Item number:4S8W07126300 Full cowling DPBMU FZ6-S S2 08
This is from Yamaha.

pjaco

Reaction score
www.jacobsen.cn
please do, especially where the brackets top 4 brackets i have are mounted and the 2 flat plates as well.
IMAGE_472.jpg
Its not easy to see behind there.
The sun was going down,but i can try when the lights is better tomorrow after job.
Posting what i took now.
You can also download all the pictures from me here with full size.
Maybe more easy to see then.
http://www.snipers.nu/temp/Yamaha_5_04_2010.rar
Per

Last edited:

mindfogg

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the information. This is the results of the content here on my 2009 model. It makes the bike look complete now.

mindfogg

Reaction score
Visit site
All things must go in their own time. I thought about getting the kid the FZ8, but he wanted something that looked more "sport bike", and even though the FZ6 only had the upper fairing, I was buying it for him. No doubt that the factory lower is the best looking one for this bike, plus it was easy to install. I hope to a lot of long distance rides, so wanted something with at least an upper fairing.
How did you like the corbin seat? I am looking into either that, the top saddlery or sending the current seat out to Florida and having them work on it so the kid has a bit more long distance comfort. Now I want to get a dark tinted windscreen and the M11 tubular Givi rack. I think the tubular rack will look a lot better than the big plastic M5 I had to put on for our trip out to the Rockie Mountains end of July.
Did both your headlights illuminate on low beam, or just the left side? My 2003 FZ1 has both sides on all the time. Not sure how much difference there is between the European and US models.

Jayson

Reaction score
Visit site
looks good, I prefer the lower cowl myself, but the blue full fairings set your ride off nicely!!:rockon:

pjaco

Reaction score
www.jacobsen.cn
All things must go in their own time. I thought about getting the kid the FZ8, but he wanted something that looked more "sport bike", and even though the FZ6 only had the upper fairing, I was buying it for him. No doubt that the factory lower is the best looking one for this bike, plus it was easy to install. I hope to a lot of long distance rides, so wanted something with at least an upper fairing.
How did you like the corbin seat? I am looking into either that, the top saddlery or sending the current seat out to Florida and having them work on it so the kid has a bit more long distance comfort. Now I want to get a dark tinted windscreen and the M11 tubular Givi rack. I think the tubular rack will look a lot better than the big plastic M5 I had to put on for our trip out to the Rockie Mountains end of July.
Did both your headlights illuminate on low beam, or just the left side? My 2003 FZ1 has both sides on all the time. Not sure how much difference there is between the European and US models.
Hello:D
About the corbin seat:
It was a good looking seat and i sat very good,but i don`t use leather in my driving dress so it was to slippery for me to use.
Maybe the seat had been better if i had used it more.
Hig/Low beam.
Boneman's FZ6 Site - Dual Headlight Mod
I did that first but you don`t get the same light in both reflectors because they are a little different.
Then i tried xenon bulbs but you get the same problem.
You can do this mod http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/14963-bi-xenon-projector-angel-eye-installed.html
like i did last year.Then you get good light on left/right side with high/low on both if you also do the first mod i posted over here.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...ini-stage-iii-kit-install-my-new-mirrors.html

But be careful with the light house in the oven.
Last week before i sold the bike it was the meaning to change the angels eyes kit i had to morimoto-mini-stage-iii-kit.
The house melted after 6 minutes so i had to buy another new house.:cheer:
Somthing went real wrong.hihihi
I have the same light problem with my new bike.Same light house on this also.